Is this a genuine Lewis Hamilton helmet?

Associate
It belongs to a friend, has no paper work and is different to any i have seen on the net as they all seem to have a stuck on spoiler at the back and not moulded like this one. Does anyone have knowledge about it or the best place to get it appraised, gather info etc?
Any help much appreciated.

photo3.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Soldato
I'd agree that it doesn't look quite right. The moulded spoiler is odd and the philips screws mounting the visor don't match the flat head versions seen in virtually all the pictures I've found.

Also the white section (edged by red) of the vodaphone logo looks far from a smooth curve and the jonny walker sticker on the visor doesn't follow the curve of the visor and would possibly effect the left and right visibility for the wearer.

gt

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The spoilery bit on the back looks over blended to me. Must be a replica that's been signed.

Ask him to weigh it. I bet it's a bit heavier than what the real thing should be.

Associate
It looks like a replica.

I'd say that all of Lewis's F1 helmets would be carbon fibre. If you can look under some of the interior padding, you'll probably see that it isn't.

Last edited:
Associate
The Vodafone text / logo is not correct
Wedge at back is blended
No vents at the front(?)
Depends on the year.. but no mounting for the Hans Device

I'd say it's definitely a replica

Associate
The decals look very dodgy (white circle of the Vodafone breaking the red pinstripe, wonky Merc logo etc). Poor replica, but I think the only way to prove the legitimacy of the signature is with paperwork?

Back
Top Bottom