is this good ram for ryzen?

Soldato
so i picked this bundle up earlier in a private sale for £55 and as you can see, no ram, so for now taking their word it works fine lol

LVNyUSC.jpg
WgepuV9.jpg

so with prime i ordered a single 4gb 2400 Ballistix sport LT BLS4GD240FSC ram stick which will be here tomorrow, it was £35 and needed something cheap as i can find for testing the board, but despite customers stating it works with ryzen and overclocks well, is it actually good ram for ryzen? i know its slow ram, but mainly for testing as i say.

Permabanned
if when you say is it good ram for ryzen you mean will it work then the answer is yes.
At the 2400Mhz speed rating ram is ram, all the DDR4 ram i have owned as been at around 2400Mhz and all as overclocked to around 3000/3200

What would the system be used for? why would you need faster ram?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for reply.

Well since ryzen was launched I read only certain ram worked with ryzen or certain speeds only worked or worked better, I’m non the wiser, so don’t know what is accurate, it’s certainly be faster than my 160mhz ddr3 I know that lol.

Well my current system is used for anything I do, so general usage, YouTube, gaming, basic video editing, I do look at music and game creative like stuff and design software, but it’s having time to bother doing it, this ryzen is basically to replace my Athlon, I’m not going to be using my gtx 660 with it, I will be getting a better more updated card soon.

If everything works and this ram is good enough then I will buy another or an 8gb version to add to it.

Permabanned
Yes the problem with ryzen is running at high speeds. All ram will work but when you get over say 3600mhz you start having problems. But for normal days to day stuff your fine

Back
Top Bottom