Is this memory and motherboard compatible?

Associate
Thanks, I don't see it listed. Not sure if that means it's not compatible or just that it hasn't been tested/approved?
If its not in the list it doesnt mean it wont work, but it means it can't be guaranteed to work properly. I decided to rick getting memory that wasn;t on the supported list on my AX370 gmaing 5 motherboard. the XMP profiles didnt work and i had intermittent errors with the memory not being read properly. Swapped it out with ram that was on the list and it worked perfectly. it can be hit or miss.

Associate
Thanks, I will be trying it as my brother had it lying around from an upgrade he did. I am still waiting for other bits and pieces before I assemble my new PC. I guess if it doesn't work, I will just have to get memory off the list that Quartz posted above. Appreciate the reply.:cool:
It will normally be recognised and work. just XMP profiles etc that may not, meaning it might run at a lower speed than it should.

Associate
I am just wondering what memory , probably 16gb, to buy to go with the MSI B450 Tomahawk Max board and Ryzen 3600 cpu. I have looked at the MSI compatibility list but don't understand what all the different memory types on there mean. The specs list in the motherboard manual bear no resemblance to these MSI types. I have a fair understanding of PC terminology but memory specs are a bit over my head ! All I know is that I need DDR4 and I am not planning to overclock and want to keep the memory cost down. Can you enlighten me please ?

Back
Top Bottom