Is this Safe to drive?

Permabanned
£130 for a tyre for a PUG!? PLEASE!! Those size tyres can be in had in Eagle F1 GSD3 format for a smidge over £100!

And no, its not safe to drive!

Permabanned
Lopéz said:
What's the vehicle make got to do with the price of fish? The size of the tyre is the deciding factor here, not what car it's fitted to :confused:

True, but pug wheels aren't as wide as say as a BMW rear (which incidentialy, I paid £110 for a GSD3 in 255/45R17). Pug wheels are narrow on 17"s no more than 225, so should be cheaper, thats what I was trying to get at.

205/50R17 can be had for £80 for P6000 (ok, not the most amazing tyre) for £86 at my local tyre gaff!

Soldato
Lopéz said:
What's the vehicle make got to do with the price of fish? The size of the tyre is the deciding factor here, not what car it's fitted to :confused:

Lopez, on an unrelated note, I'm sort of considering getting a 205 GTI. Which out of the 1.6 and 1.9 would you recommend? Are there any good sites out there with general info?

Cheers :)

Soldato
Oracle said:
True, but pug wheels aren't as wide as say as a BMW rear

Although generally the size of the tyre is the main factor, sometimes other things come into play.

For instance, my brother's corrolla has 16" alloys, my Mondeo has 17s.

However, the prices for the same tyre are more expensive for his car for some reason, and there is a lot less choice, most likely as it's not a very common size or something.

Permabanned
PeterNem said:
Although generally the size of the tyre is the main factor, sometimes other things come into play.

For instance, my brother's corrolla has 16" alloys, my Mondeo has 17s.

However, the prices for the same tyre are more expensive for his car for some reason, and there is a lot less choice, most likely as it's not a very common size or something.

Thats true, I noticed that with a MK4 Astra. Decent tyres (as in better than the Michellin pap they put on) were a nightmare to find!! Thats why i chucked 17"s on straight away!! :D

Man of Honour
NickXX said:
Lopez, on an unrelated note, I'm sort of considering getting a 205 GTI. Which out of the 1.6 and 1.9 would you recommend? Are there any good sites out there with general info?

Cheers :)
Many (not all) 1.9's are smokey and thrashed these days - the 1.6 seems to last better. The 1.9 *is* a faster car though.

www.205gtidrivers.com - excellent forum but you need to register to read it all.

Soldato
OP
Tyre has been replaced , they wanted me to replace my front tyres so i replaced 1 and the faulty rear tyre.

Currently shopping online for another tyre to replace the other front.

They want £130 for an REO40 , currently finding them online for £83.60 (£4.50 balance + £4.50 fitting) £92.60 in total.

I have tried etyres,blackcircles,mytyres

Are there any other decent online tyre sales companies?

Back
Top Bottom