Is this set up comatible?

Associate
So basically im building a new pc for music production, i will be using an external sound card and currently have a graphics card, monitor mouse etc to use so no worries there,

I am also looking for a case and adequate 600/650W PSU to buy on top of it all; are the case & PSU deals on ebay as worth it as they look!?

So here is the new rig:

MOTHERBOARD: Asus P5Q Deluxe Intel P45 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2
PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 LGA775 'Wolfdale' 3.16GHz (1333FSB)
RAM: Corsair 4GB DDR2 XMS2 PC2-6400C5 TwinX (2x2GB)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA-II 32MB Cache - OEM (ST3500320AS)
OPTICAL DRIVE: Pioneer DVR-216DBK 20x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer ReWriter

I'm not 100% confident that all the components ive selected are compatible with each other, so i thought id list them all, feel free to add any suggestions/modifications,

I havent built a pc from scratch before but from my basic knowledge i cant see anything thats obviously wrong with this one, can you?

Ive decided to go with a high speed dual core processor instead of a quad core as the music production programs to be used do not make use of 2/4 of the cores on quad core,

Cheers guys,

RJC

RJC

Don
Components all look fine.

PSU wise I would look at the Corsair range I have the 520w & 620w versions and both are excellent. The 520w version will be fine for your rig.

Case wise have a look at the Antec 300 which seems to be getting good reviews or the Lian Li PC7/8 series.

Associate
OP
cheers mate, i trust by that comment the motherboard, ram and processor are fine?

do you think i could lower the spec of the motherboard, it seems quite expensive compared to what others with similar pcs have?

Last edited:

RJC

RJC

Don
In all honesty I did not look at the motherboard, looked everything else :o

I would go for the P5Q, P5Q pro or the P5QE you need to look at the Asus website to check the options to ensure they have the correct options for your needs.
I have not heard much on the other makes, Asus range seems to be recommended a lot.

Back
Top Bottom