Is violence against women now the new norm for the Tory party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
but violence wasn't happening and violence wasn't imminent, people raise they're voices its human nature to argue.

just because a couple are having a heated exchange does not mean man had a girlfriend in a headlock or vice versa, it's very much down to the situation.

If like someone has mentioned you can hear banging and screaming " get off me" or words to that effect then yea good call. Waste of police time just because you've heard some shouting.

Have any recording been released yet? Or is it all down to what Boris's lefty neighbors account?

These are the same group who call the Police when someone says a bad word on twitter so we shouldn't be overly surprised.

Soldato
Honestly if late at night i'm hearing "GET OFF ME" and "GET OUT OF MY FLAT" at volume, followed by a load of banging noises from the neighbors then I'm calling the police. I would personally prefer a police visit that ended in a none event than a neighbor being assaulted (or worse)*.

* To clarify i'm not saying Johnson was assaulting his partner, i'm saying that in light of not knowing I would edge on the side of caution.

Immediately calling the Guardian the following morning, no I wouldn't do that.

Caporegime
"Far lefty" to me is someone like Antifa...

Nothing about what's been reported tells me he is far left?

This is exactly the problem with these threads, isn’t it? All we get to see is some text on a screen which allows us to come to our own conclusions which can be very far from what the poster intended. There are more shades of grey than a Waterstones yet everyone has their opinions and want everyone else to hear them, when in reality nobody gives a toss really.

It’s like I often ask people on the internet: what are you hoping to achieve by bickering for days on end with someone you’ve never met, never will meet, and is of zero consequence to you?

Soldato
Please Google what "potential" means and how it differentiates the scenarios you describe. I have several "potentially" violent thoughts daily. So long as they remain "potential" my liberty and integrity remain at their status quo :) And it's PROTESTER by the way....
Not sure what the point of your post is Chris but thanks for chipping in.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/protester
protester noun also protestor uk
Your ability to draw false equivalence then blame others for not doing the same never ceases to amaze.
Not sure what the point of your post is either. I think you may need to look at your own posts.

Caporegime
Honestly if late at night i'm hearing "GET OFF ME" and "GET OUT OF MY FLAT" at volume, followed by a load of banging noises from the neighbors then I'm calling the police. I would personally prefer a police visit that ended in a none event than a neighbor being assaulted (or worse)*.

* To clarify i'm not saying Johnson was assaulting his partner, i'm saying that in light of not knowing I would edge on the side of caution.

This. Rees-Moggs's comments annoyed me. Calling them "corbynista curtain twitchers".... I don't understand how calling the police after hearing a large violent sounding row and hearing a women yelling "get off me!" makes you a curtain twitcher. It sounds like common sense.

Soldato
This. Rees-Moggs's comments annoyed me. Calling them "corbynista curtain twitchers".... I don't understand how calling the police after hearing a large violent sounding row and hearing a women yelling "get off me!" makes you a curtain twitcher. It sounds like common sense.
To be fair there seems to have been some previous history between the neighbours and Boris. It's not calling the Police that makes them a curtain twitcher, it's sending the audio straight to the politically charged Guardian newspaper. In fact I'd be using a lot more strong language than that to describe a neighbour who recorded me and my partner arguing and sending it somewhere purely for political gain. The Police attended and decided nothing at all was wrong remember.

Incidentally why haven't the Guardian released the audio if it was really that bad? They are surely withholding it for some particular reason.

Caporegime
Incidentally why haven't the Guardian released the audio if it was really that bad? They are surely withholding it for some particular reason.

Because the text of the audio allows people to form a more negative view of Boris and throw in all sorts of implications about him being the aggressor and his partner being the victim etc.. whereas the audio perhaps features his partner yelling/being the aggressor?

For example "get off me" could be simply him say putting his arm around her in an attempt to calm things etc..

Caporegime
To be fair there seems to have been some previous history between the neighbours and Boris. It's not calling the Police that makes them a curtain twitcher, it's sending the audio straight to the politically charged Guardian newspaper. In fact I'd be using a lot more strong language than that to describe a neighbour who recorded me and my partner arguing and sending it somewhere purely for political gain. The Police attended and decided nothing at all was wrong remember.

Why waste material when you can spur outrage over it? It's the media we're talking about.

Why didn't News of the World release the details of it's hacked phones? Same reason.

Caporegime

There's no evidence of anything even happening yet, any one of us could call the police on our next door neighbours claiming they're having a huge domestic, police arrive and they deny it because it's something you've invented but then you can go running to everyone claiming that they had a visit from the police over domestic violence and too many people these days think that accusation = guilt. Even IF they have a recording (isn't it illegal anyway?) it could be 4 months old given that this is a clear political stunt timed perfectly for the leadership contest.

All it has really shown is how desperate and underhand lefties/remainers are to achieve their goals, as if 3 years of conspiring to overturn Brexit wasn't enough.

Last edited:
Caporegime
All it has really shown is how desperate and underhand lefties/remainers are to achieve their goals, as if 3 years of conspiring to overturn Brexit wasn't enough.

Hmmm

A Tory leader determined to deliver brexit
MPs all voting to trigger article 50
2 different Brexiteers heading up negotiations
A withdrawal bill that nobody wanted, including the ERG who voted against it multiple times

And yet remainers are "conspiring to overturn brexit"?

Permabanned
"Calm your selves" as the Speaker is wont to say, this has now gone beyond the ones outside the Tory party and is only for those within it to decide, others are now rank outsiders. I stand on my earlier post that the "neighbours" have done Boris a great service, rather than a great disservice, but such is the way of the "educated" people. Patience, and time will tell...

Caporegime
There's no evidence of anything even happening yet, any one of us could call the police on our next door neighbours claiming they're having a huge domestic, police arrive and they deny it because it's something you've invented but then you can go running to everyone claiming that they had a visit from the police over domestic violence .

Other neighbours have backed up what happened, with one even saying they "thought someone was being murdered".

Even IF they have a recording

They do

(isn't it illegal anyway?)

No

This actually happened though. It wasn't some big conspiracy.

Soldato
Hmmm

A Tory leader determined to deliver brexit
MPs all voting to trigger article 50
2 different Brexiteers heading up negotiations
A withdrawal bill that nobody wanted, including the ERG who voted against it multiple times

And yet remainers are "conspiring to overturn brexit"?

The ERG have voted for brexit less times than various Labour MP’s and undermined the chance of it happening more than anyone else.

Soldato

Immediately calling the Guardian the following morning, no I wouldn't do that.
I think you need to learn to live with the fact that it really isn't any of your business and if something was going on unsavoury there really isn't anything you should think you should have done.

The standard way if thinking these days for some people is so self absorbed and selfish.

Caporegime
I think you need to learn to live with the fact that it really isn't any of your business and if something was going on unsavoury there really isn't anything you should think you should have done.

The standard way if thinking these days for some people is so self absorbed and selfish.

It would be self absorbed and selfish to allow a domestic to occur when you had a chance to stop it, do you moan about people not acting on the street and are spectators to an event that should probably be intervened in?

What do you do with homeless people when you walk by?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom