Is violence against women now the new norm for the Tory party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It would be self absorbed and selfish to allow a domestic to occur when you had a chance to stop it, do you moan about people not acting on the street and are spectators to an event that should probably be intervened in?
It depends. If it's something you can "see" happening it's different. But hearing what has been described here just doesnt warrant it

Caporegime
It depends. If it's something you can "see" happening it's different. But hearing what has been described here just doesnt warrant it

So if you heard a chainsaw and screaming, it would be fine to ignore it as you shouldnt get involved because you can't literally see someones guts being splayed against a wall?

Although extreme, where's this mythical red line that everyone is supposed to identify before police should be called?

Soldato
So if you heard a chainsaw and screaming, it would be fine to ignore it as you shouldnt get involved because you can't literally see someones guts being splayed against a wall?
I think you need to use your head a little here don't you. If an obvious murder is taking place then you would act. A slight domestic that is a normal occurance for couples all over the world is something quite private and not something strangers should get involved in. Its very easy for arguing adults to forget how thin walls are when the heat is up

Caporegime

A different neighbour said they "thought someone was being murdered"

From what is being described, from multiple different people, it did in fact sound quite bad and like something that warranted action.

The original neighbours in question didn't even call the police first, they tried knocking on their door several times!

Soldato
A different neighbour said they "thought someone was being murdered"

From what is being described, from multiple different people, it did in fact sound quite bad and like something that warranted action.

The original neighbours in question didn't even call the police first, they tried knocking on their door several times!
There are a lot of idiotic people on this planet. Just saying.

Caporegime
Just trying to see where the infinitely moving goalpost of "i should probably call the police" should be :(

Could you imagine it if no one called the police and the future King of Befuddle was murdered by his 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th ladyfriend? I bet the daily mail would have been attacking the neighbours for not acting.

Soldato
Just trying to see where the infinitely moving goalpost of "i should probably call the police" should be :(

Could you imagine it if no one called the police and the future King of Befuddle was murdered, i bet the daily mail would have been attacking the neighbours for not acting.
And after a few days everyone would be like "oh well" and that's even if a thought was given. I just think if people were a little less involved in what everyone else was doing and applied a few brain cells the world would be a better place. I'm most likely just old fashioned or something

Caporegime
And after a few days everyone would be like "oh well" and that's even if a thought was given. I just think if people were a little less involved in what everyone else was doing and applied a few brain cells the world would be a better place. I'm most likely just old fashioned or something

But I thought everyone bemoaned the death of the local community... This country is such a strange place.

Caporegime
Don't see the issue with calling the police, that seems like quite a sensible thing to do if you're concerned that there might be something above and beyond a verbal argument between a couple. It is also useful for a potentially abused party to have something on record and establish a pattern of behaviour even if the incident that prompted the call was a non-violent one. If one partner is continually verbally aggressive to the point where neighbours are concerned then that could become abusive in itself, controlling behaviour etc.. and that applies to either partner tbh...

However once the police had attended and found nothing to be worried about, keeping in mind that the couple have their own separate addresses and so Boris could easily leave of his own accord or be made to leave (whichever is appropriate re: whichever party was suffering from any potential abuse), then the recording and sending of that recording to the Guardian was blatantly politically motivated. The story was police being called, but the person instigating the story in the first place was the one that called the police and the police didn't think it warranted any action. It becomes rather circular, Boris had an argument with his partner... so what? Reading between the lines it sounds like Boris the buffoon had spilt wine over her sofa and then acted like an entitled toff in not caring too much about it prompting her to get rather annoyed at him.

Permabanned
Section 76 in the guidelines of The College of Policing clearly states that recorded evidence is always preferable.

Under arrests guidelines title : Arrest and other positive approaches, it also states ;
Domestic abuse can occur where the conduct does not amount to a criminal offence and a criminal justice outcome is not possible.

So just because the police didn't pursue charges does not mean nothing happened. It also doesn't mean something did but, all the defence saying he did nothing as no arrest is just not accurate.

Soldato
I think you need to learn to live with the fact that it really isn't any of your business and if something was going on unsavoury there really isn't anything you should think you should have done.

The standard way if thinking these days for some people is so self absorbed and selfish.

You're very anti police az so your comments don't surprise me. Thing is communities were stronger and better when everyone knew each other and looked out for each other and shock horror had a Bobby on the beat. The days when you could leave your door open because you knew your neighbors would have your back and the local copper knew all the scrotes are sadly gone.

An insular community is not a strong community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom