Is WaterCooling Safe?

Associate
Hello guys, i'm new here and wanted to ask you a question. Is water cooling safe? For example, is there any chance of spillage, corrosion or any other dangerous detail for a system?

Thanks in advance for any reply!

Soldato
It's no more risky than failing to take adequate precautions against static. If you're sloppy when you build, it will be risky, but if you're careful it's quite safe.

THE big gotcha for me is that the moment you start stripping off the chipset heatsinks you invalidate the warranty, which can be a bit of a brown-trouser moment!

Man of Honour
Done correctly ( i.e leak test for a few hours outside the case ) it is totally safe.

Set your loop up on the kitchen table( i used tins of beans and tins of tuna to create the appox position of the CPU and graphics card blocks to simulate gravity/water pressure in relation to the mobo ( very high tech. i know :p ) and let it run for a few hours to leak test.

Install and watch like a hawk just incase something has moved between testing and fitting .

Its daunting first time ( I had to learn sometime ) but not as difficult as it seems.

Take your time and use common sense.

Good Luck.

Mark

Last edited:
Associate
Take your time installing it. Use all the correct connectors and fittings. Test it for a few hours and you should have no problems at all.

Caporegime
Yeah if the loop is water tight its a damn site more safe than moving ya pc about than having a tunig attached.

My pc has been in the car loads of times and although it feels odd with the water its feels so safe :)

Soldato
easyrider said:
Yeah if the loop is water tight its a damn site more safe than moving ya pc about than having a tunig attached.

My pc has been in the car loads of times and although it feels odd with the water its feels so safe :)

Have you tried getting a Cheiftech Dragon tower with WCing into the back of a Carrera 4S, dangerous for your head, back, ears and fingers. Ouch :D

Soldato
easyrider said:

Whoa!

Are you saying it is dangerous to move a pc in a car with a big heatsink?

I'm going to move my PC to uni soon and it has a syth miné on it. It won't be insured until I get on the campus at which point I can pretty much throw a cup off water in the mix and get it fixed.

Back
Top Bottom