ISIL, ISIS, Daesh discussion thread.

Soldato
Man of Honour
we have been willfully ignoring the behaviour of the rebels of Aleppo

TBH no I don't think anyone who is atleast somewhat interested in world events and moderately capable of thinking for themselves has any delusions as to who makes up a large proportion of those rebels, etc. but most understand that the story is so complex little is achieved simply by getting overly worked up about any one faction involved.

By their own admission, the Russians flew 64 bombing sorties against the Isis attackers outside Palmyra. But given the huge columns of dust thrown up by the Isis convoys, why didn’t the American air force join in the bombardment of their greatest enemy? But no: for some reason, the US satellites and drones and intelligence just didn’t spot them – any more than they did when Isis drove identical convoys of suicide trucks to seize Palmyra when they first took the city in May 2015.

Does he need this one spelled out? we have no idea what intel they shared with the Russians and given the location any US/UK air ops would have required immense cooperation with the Russians before even getting off the ground.

Last edited:
Soldato
Caporegime
Caporegime
What I find funny about the garbage article you have posted there, is the fact that every single person in the comments section is calling it garbage.

Really, an article critical of Russian foreign policy gets a load of Kremlin trolls posting negative comments about said article. That does surprise me :D

Permabanned
i wonder how much assad and putin paid Eva Bartlett to make them look like saints.

it was acts like the one in this article that started the revolution against assad the blood thirsty dictator. assads had the children of protesters sadistically tortured and their penises cut off http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...yr-tortured-death-Syrias-sadistic-regime.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...protests-over-the-slaying-of-30-children.html

what would you do if the governments security forces did that to your child?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Soldato
this is ******** there is no evidence to support your stupid conspiracy theory.

both saudi and the west are bombing isis and supplying weapons to the enemies of isis.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-syria-crisis-saudi-idUSKCN0HI1Y120140923

the saudis hate isis because they threaten their grip on power.

Where are Saudi Arabia bombing ISIS?

I must have missed this one.. The Saudis have not bombed ISIS for well over a year and when they did they few about 5 mission and more than likely hit zero targets (although i have zero proof of the targets part). Quick edit it maybe getting on towards 2 years now.

As for supplying weapons to the enemies of ISIS. More like fateh al sham etc who do not even fight ISIS, so it's win win for the Saudis as more Islamic extremists

How does ISIS threaten the grip on power for Saudi Arabia? To me it just builds on their long term goal of spreading hard-line Islamism across the region.

Whilst the Saudi government have not been sponsoring them directly, there is certainly a lot of money flowing from wealthy people there.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ahhabism-qatar-kuwait-islamists-a7473551.html

Last edited:
Permabanned
Where are Saudi Arabia bombing ISIS?

I must have missed this one.. The Saudis have not bombed ISIS for well over a year and when they did they few about 5 mission and more than likely hit zero targets (although i have zero proof of the targets part). Quick edit it maybe getting on towards 2 years now.

How does ISIS threaten the grip on power for Saudi Arabia? To me it just builds on their long term goal of spreading hard-line Islamism across the region.

Whilst the Saudi government have not been sponsoring them directly, there is certainly a lot of money flowing from wealthy people there.

anyone caught funding isis by the saudis will be charged for funding terrorism.

the isis caliphate wants to rule saudi.

there is no evidence to support this tin foil hat theory of yours.

Soldato
OP
anyone caught funding isis by the saudis will be charged for funding terrorism.

the isis caliphate wants to rule saudi.

there is no evidence to support this tin foil hat theory of yours.

There isn't any point in debating the matter.

Let the fantasists revel in so called evidence (press.tv and RT links... I know right?!). Some people are just so wrapped up in the war of words between media outlets, they fail to see they're just part of this media whirlwind of regurgitating opinion (BS). That's all it is, opinion... Oh and some absurd CT!

One thing's for sure, it must be frustrating being so emotionally vested in something, them having such strong opinion. Yet that opinion having absolutely no real bearing on the matter at all.

Soldato
There isn't any point in debating the matter.

Let the fantasists revel in so called evidence (press.tv and RT links... I know right?!). Some people are just so wrapped up in the war of words between media outlets, they fail to see they're just part of this media whirlwind of regurgitating opinion (BS). That's all it is, opinion... Oh and some absurd CT!

One thing's for sure, it must be frustrating being so emotionally vested in something, them having such strong opinion. Yet that opinion having absolutely no real bearing on the matter at all.

did you watch the video?

Soldato
OP
Then do explain why ISIS is so heavily funded then?

Am i to believe the Turks didn't/don't buy their oil?

I fail to see the point you're trying to make. It's clear the Turks and pretty much everyone for that matter have been buying their oil. As their main source of funding, oil smuggling has been on a massive scale. So what? Private traders will buy whatever they want at the cheapest price. Do we bomb all those too?

You're another one trying to establish that there is some massive government conspiracy whereby the West is going out to fund isil. The reality is it's brokers looking to make a quick buck. You're also ignoring the numerous other ways isil fund themselves, such as taxation and ransom. These facts get in the way of your CT though, so we'll forget about those won't we?

Permabanned
I fail to see the point you're trying to make. It's clear the Turks and pretty much everyone for that matter have been buying their oil. As their main source of funding, oil smuggling has been on a massive scale. So what? Private traders will buy whatever they want at the cheapest price. Do we bomb all those too?

You're another one trying to establish that there is some massive government conspiracy whereby the West is going out to fund isil. The reality is it's brokers looking to make a quick buck. You're also ignoring the numerous other ways isil fund themselves, such as taxation and ransom. These facts get in the way of your CT though, so we'll forget about those won't we?

+1

no one is supporting isis with funds or weapons, they are surrounded by enemies on all sides, what weapons they have are either manufactured by themselves or captured from enemies.

can the tinfoil hat crew please provide evidence that they are getting outside help.

they just captured SA-3 anti aircraft missile system that has a range of a little over 120 mileshttp://ijr.com/2016/12/756309-russi...ds-of-isis-poses-threat-to-us-fighter-pilots/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...to-air-missile-system/?utm_term=.1a2e9e09e5bc

if i was part of the tin foil crew i would be saying that is proof russia is aiding isis.

Last edited:
Soldato
Jabhat Al-Nusra And ISIS Alliance Could Spread Beyond Damascus

Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states have received criticism for increasing their backing for Syrian rebels associated with the Army of Conquest, which includes the al-Nusra front, an al-Qaeda affiliated group.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...supporting-anti-assad-jihadists-10242747.html

put two and two together although they have split up now
Jabhat al-Nusra launches war against IS in Qalamoun

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/sec...-nusra-war-isis-kharijites.html#ixzz4SrOd4Xmk

Back
Top Bottom