ISP Under Fire For Throttling 100 Mbps Connections To 64 kbps

Soldato
Im with plusnet and i get charged £1 per GB during 7am-12pm. Off peak though i can download as much as i want so any torrents etc i just let run over night. I normally use between 25 and 35GB a month peak time which is fine with me. The whole capping crap is totally wrong imo. If i want to download a few hundred gig in a day or 2 then i should be able to as long as I pay for it.

Yes some people will get worse speeds due to this but at the end of the day im payin a fair bit more for it so i couldnt care less. If everyone was paying £40 a month for there net then i might feel alittle sympathy.

Soldato
Telkom in South Africa used to do the same thing, regardless of what ISP you were actually with. If you breached your 3GB cap (presumably it's increased since I left), you were put onto a shared 64kbps connection, which made international browsing impossible. Fortunately local websites/servers remained at full speed, so email, gaming etc was still possible although made more difficult in games that authenticated with international servers first.

Associate
The Virgin traffic management isn't half as bad as it seems on paper. I've never noticed myself falling foul of it on 20Mb and I download quite a lot.

When I was on BT I was regularly limited to ridiculous speeds

Back
Top Bottom