Issue with Corsair H110i GTX AIO

Associate
Just wondering if anyone can help me out with this, because i'm sure there's something blindingly obvious that i'm not seeing.

The issue is that when i'm screwing the backplate down to the motherboard using the standoffs, it isn't tight. It seems as though it would require a spacer or washers of some sort but there aren't any in the box, nor are they mentioned in the manual. I mounted it exactly as it said in the manual, yet it is still very loose.

The reason this came to my attention was, I noticed ridiculously high temps in HW monitor during a light stress test, over 100 degrees. So this lead me to believe that there is little to no mounting pressure on the cpu cooler, which seemed to be the case upon further investigation.

I have since fitted my old hyper 212 back on for the time being, until I can fix this issue.

Associate
OP
The standoffs i'm using, as per the instructions.
20180309_182331773_iOS_zps6w4cjj56.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20180309_182331773_iOS_zps6w4cjj56.jpg

Associate
OP
After speaking to Corsair about this, it appears as though this is how it is meant to be, it then tightens up when the cooler is fixed in place. Not sure what the issue is with the temps now then. They seemed weirdly high when I had this cooler on, to the extent that i'm currently getting lower temps using my Hyper 212 Evo.

Associate
After speaking to Corsair about this, it appears as though this is how it is meant to be, it then tightens up when the cooler is fixed in place. Not sure what the issue is with the temps now then. They seemed weirdly high when I had this cooler on, to the extent that i'm currently getting lower temps using my Hyper 212 Evo.

I gather your not entirely convinced by their (corsair) response,
I have had the exact same problem, but rather than hijack your post i'll make a new write up as i've a bunch of images to include and link it in .
see https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/corsair-h110i-gtx-aio-high-temps-mounting-issues.18815283/

Associate
Did you remount it in a different way? Or use different/more paste?

I ask because I'm having a similar issue, although an H105 with an i7 chip on a gigabyte motherboard. Temperature averages 85 degC often hitting 100 - I'm assuming that isn't good?

Edit: all good now - the power for the pump was on the wrong 3 pins of a 4 pin plug - doh!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom