Associate
Hi I am just posting this as i dont normally complain i can normally troubleshoot my issues quite well but today after almost 8 months since my purchase of my gaming rig my rx580 gpu randomly started its fans and they spun up to 100% and my screen went black and ever since this has happened i cannot get my pc to boot with the GPU in the pci slot 1 2 or 3.

I have tried everything i can think of i have reinstalled windows fully to make sure its not a driver issue i have even went as far as hard resetting my bios no matter what i do the motherboard wont acknowledge the gpu anymore msi afterburner dxdiag etc just wont pick it up at all.

I have attempted to fresh install the AMD Driver but i am unable to as it wont pick up that i have a Raedon in my machine at all i was looking online and some say it can be due to thermal paste but this will require me to open the GPU voiding warrently which i cant do and i am at a loss no software can fix my issue at the moment and i cant do much via bio's etc everything else works fine in my rig i am using integrated graphics atm for small end games like league etc but i am unsure how the return's work do i need to send the full pc away or simply the GPU ? and is there anything i can do it force it as it will turn on / power up with the gpu inside it simply just spins up to 100% rpm on the fans and nothing else happens it stays in that state forever and is unable to be found by any driver software or bios any suggestions is this a bricked GPU or something ? never had this happen before.

Soldato
Hello
I think you have a faulty GFX card. However I do think you need to try it in another working PC before taking the issue up whoever you bought your PC from. Most RX580's have a 3 year warranty with the manufacturer, but any return procedure must be started with the vendor. The vendor will issue what they call an RMA if they think there is a fault & you will need to send it back to them for testing.

Associate
OP
I ordered a full build from overclockers and its the GPU that came in the build can i send the GPU itself back to overclockers or do i need to send it back to the vendor they got it from ? i am unsure of how this worked the webnotes say build / part but my order came as a full built PC so do i need to send the full unit back ? i dont have another pc to try i dont have an rma number to give them on the webnotes ? im confused.

Back
Top Bottom