• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Issues with EVGA 980Ti SC

Associate
Hi all,
I am building my new rig at the moment and thought all was great until I powered up for the first time. There was no display from the card (I'm using an HDMI cable at present) and the fans did not seem to be working properly on the 980Ti. They were kind of stuttering on for a split second, stopping, then stuttering on, then stopping. I was wondering if there wasn issue with the power supply to the card.
Any ideas?

Associate
Hi, usually when you start the card the fans power up just for a bit of a second and then go to semi passive mode.
Are you able to just give the card a try in a different system? At this point this would be the most simple way to get to know if the card is ok or if there is any issue with the system.

Associate
I have the same card and my fans used to do the same, think one fan used to just twitch and spin slightly for a second when it was in silent mode, would never have known had I not had the side panel off. Other than that it worked as expected.

Have you configured your BIOS to use your card and not the onboard graphics?

Back
Top Bottom