it computer technician certification

Associate
Hi, I want to start learning it computer technician course but I am confused in which one I should start off with as there are so many exams and qualification so which one should I learn?
I also want to work anywhere in the work so what exams and learning should I learn it computer technician course as I plan on moving to Dabi or maybe Singapore.
Can some help me and tell me what exams and learning course I should use?
I hope some from here can help me?

Soldato
Firstly, you'll get far more help if you post this in the Careers forum.

Secondly, you're asking far too broad a question. You need to figure out exactly what part of computing you want to do (eg. programming, networking, etc) as IT has a very broad spectrum of job roles, and having a wide qualification that briefly covers many general topics means very little to potential employers.

Associate
OP
Here job role that I loved

IT Support Engineer
Enlinea Ltd - Glasgow G2
£22,000 - £27,000 a year
We currently have a vacancy for an IT Engineer. We are looking for someone who is willing to invest time and energy into making the role their own and becoming an important part of a growing business.

What would I be doing?

Provide remote and telephone support for client networks and applications.
Provide on-site support for client networks and applications.
Mainly covering central Scotland from office base in Glasgow city centre.
Partake in the company’s on-call support rota to provide ‘out of hours’ support in the maintenance of critical client systems.
An element of out of hours work will be required with options for overtime work on specific projects to be completed out of hours.
1st / 2nd line support.
Based from Glasgow city centre. You must be happy working in a city.
What does it take to get the role?

Must be willing to invest into growing their role and the company itself.
Excellent problem solving skills.
Ability to multitask, manage own workload and react quickly to urgent issues. This is absolutely essential.
Experience with helpdesk ticketing essential.
Strong organisational, communication and customer service skills.
Strong attention to details and a willingness to own a problem.
Relevant IT qualifications. MCP certification is a requirement.
Ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies. A genuine interest in emerging technologies is required.
Full UK driving license.
Require full CV, ideally in PDF format.
What technical skills do I need?

Able to install, configure, upgrade and relocate PC hardware, software and print devices.
Experience of Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, Office 2003 - 2016 problem solving.
Experience of PC hardware troubleshooting and problem solving.
Good knowledge of virtualisation technologies – VMware/Hyper-V.
Microsoft Windows Server technologies and Active Directory. Group policy and PowerShell.
Microsoft Office 365 experience an advantage.
Experience with Exchange Server and mobile email technologies.
Experience of cloud services. Azure experience an advantage.
Experience with VoIP and telephony an advantage.
Experience of RMM technologies an advantage.
What’s in it for me?

Starting salary of £22-27k per annum depending on experience and qualifications, with review after 6 months and annually thereafter.
Excellent opportunities for growth – both in technical or commercial areas over the longer term.
Options for paid overtime.
A development budget to make sure you keep up with training and certifications.
Long service benefits.
Tell me about Enlinea?

We are an established IT Support and Consultancy business, Microsoft Gold Partner certified, who work with organisations and companies across Scotland and beyond. Our aim is to focus on being the very best in our field through hard work and constant learning - staying bang up to date with the latest technologies and options. Our workplace is fast paced but always interesting. We work as an extension of our clients businesses becoming well integrated in their operations and taking the time to understand how they work. We are an expanding company and there are a multitude of ways to develop in the role and in parallel develop our organisation. Our head office is based on St Vincent Street in Glasgow City Centre. Our ethos is simply to be the best at what we do and we place great importance on attention to detail, knowledge, problem ownership and customer service. We are looking for someone who shares these same values.

Please do not call our main sales or support lines with queries regarding recruitment.

Job Type: Full-time

Required experience:

Technical Support: 1 year
Required licence or certification:

Driving License

But I need to know what Microsoft exam do i need to do for this IT Support Engineer ?

Man of Honour
None, you need experience as they state in the job spec.

Although saying that as Malachi has said CompTIA A+ is a good starting point to show employers you have a general knowledge of the common stuff, but then you'll need to find either a company willing to give you a foot in the door or start as a 1st line script reader and hope you can work your way up to the more involved stuff.

Caporegime
Covered above but you'll have to go in at 1st line and to progress it's more down to how well you can deal with clients and showing some enthusiasm, you have to show you aren't like the majority of call centre workers who just see it as a job and hate anyone they're put on the line with. You will deal with absolute idiots, people who have god complexes and get frustrated at times but you just need to remember to leave emotion out of it and get the issue sorted within guidelines and as quickly as possible.

Last edited:
Soldato
You will need to start in a 1st line job initially to gain experience. This is quite a stressful and frustrating role but if used as part of plan to develop your career it can work well. Aim to get experience in a wide range of common technologies to make yourself as employable as possible. Once you have experience passing exams helps show you have the drive and dedication to progress into 2nd line or desktop support type roles to gain further experience.

The mistake many people make is assuming just passing exams gets you straight into 3rd line roles and not having a career plan. No company will risk letting someone with no experience loose on key systems at a high level, there is far more to it than just the basic technology at 3rd line.

Caporegime
None, you need experience as they state in the job spec.

Although saying that as Malachi has said CompTIA A+ is a good starting point to show employers you have a general knowledge of the common stuff, but then you'll need to find either a company willing to give you a foot in the door or start as a 1st line script reader and hope you can work your way up to the more involved stuff.

that first part isn't true, the spec states: "MCP certification is a requirement."

yes experience is required too but the OP's question is valid

Caporegime
Derp you're right it does that'll teach me to skim read and only spot the certification bit at the end :rolleyes:

to be fair though your overall point/sentiment is spot on I think, the OP probably ought to be focusing on what you've suggested: basic qual and then try to get some experience

Back
Top Bottom