IT Training

Associate
Myself and a couple of friends are toying with the idea of running some kind of evening classes with the local community on general pc use/training/working MS products. It'd be quite fun and we could make a bit of money on the side sharing our experience and we're not bad trainers. We all do it for work so have no problems speaking to groups etc.

Does anyone have any experience in something like this, or has tried it? Do you think it's viable/there is a market?

Associate
OP
I think you should have a look at what is already offered in your area and go from there. :)

We have. There's a lot of corporate training for crazy prices per delegate. Other than going to evening college though not a lot for general classes. This could mean that it's a dead idea, or it could just mean no one's jumped on it in my area. I've certainly had a look around other areas of the UK online and seen them doing it there.

Soldato
I'm thinking of doing the same thing but for free as a volunteer service for the council,why dont you try that first then look at the option of charging a fee privately.

Associate
OP
I'm thinking of doing the same thing but for free as a volunteer service for the council,why dont you try that first then look at the option of charging a fee privately.

That's effectively my job :p I work in systems training and development for local government

Back
Top Bottom