1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2019, Monza - Race 14/21

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Shimmy, Sep 5, 2019.

?

Rate the 2019 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

Poll closed Sep 15, 2019.
  1. 1

2.4%
  2. 2

1.2%
  3. 3

1.2%
  4. 4

2.4%
  5. 5

13.1%
  6. 6

23.8%
  7. 7

29.8%
  8. 8

20.2%
  9. 9

4.8%
  10. 10

1.2%
  1. Shimmy

Man of Honour

[​IMG]
    Monza
    TV Times
    Sky:
    [​IMG]
    C4:
    Saturday - 6.30pm Qualifying Highlights
    Sunday - 7pm Race Highlights

Track Diagram & Information
    [​IMG]

Weather Forecast
    [​IMG]

2018 Race Highlights
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...talian-grand-prix.4CUKmhvxvWMOewu0UUC0E4.html

WDC Standings
    [​IMG]

Constructors' Championship Standings
    [​IMG]

Practice 1
    [​IMG]

Practice 2
    [​IMG]

Practice 3
    [​IMG]

Qualifying
    [​IMG]

Race
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  2. Shimmy

Man of Honour

Current forecast looks like maybe a wet start on Sunday and a drying race :D

3. Spunkey

Capodecina

Thanks for the thread Shimmy.

Also, I hate to be *that* guy, but the fastest ever lap is now held by Raikkonen. He broke Montoya's record around here last year.

4. Shimmy

Man of Honour

Looks like Formula1.com haven't changed their blurb for a couple years :p I just C&P from there for every race.

5. Rossi~

Capodecina

Cheers Shimmy :)

Also, the standings are not up to date :p

6. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

It was a brilliant race last year.

Small chance of rain for the race and a higher chance of rain in practice making setups a bit less optimised. Probably Vettel's last chance to win this year, so expecting him to push hard. After this race it'll be back to Mercedes domination, their race pace and cornering speed is phenomenal.

7. Megahurtz400

Sgarrista

A wet race start would certainly prove interesting, otherwise I see a LeClerc win again. As demonstrated in Belgium, their straight line speed is unparalleled this season, just a shame nearly every other circuit is full of pesky corners :p

8. Spunkey

Capodecina

Do Ferrari really have amazing straight line pace, or was it just that Merc had more wing on at Spa? Their sector 2 times were immense compared to the Ferrari, so they were definitely sacrificing some top end. I think there's not as much absolute straight line performance difference as some people are making out.

9. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Cheers @Shimmy
    I do love the annual tifosi pilgrimage. The self-proclaimed best fans in the world of the claimed best team in the world normally ends with the fans letting themselves down yet again in some way and the race being a pivotal one in the season where everyone Ferrari related can suddenly have that more honest appraisal that the team isn't actually doing very well.

Will this year be different? Let's see.

I'd quite like to see the Haas team attempt to give their drivers instructions to slip stream for each other for qualifying. That would be fantastic to watch.

10. CSMonkeh

Hitman

According to the BBC Verstappen and Gasley are set to start from the back of the grid because of engine penalties....

11. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

May as well. They aren’t as strong here, but will be ready for the next races. I also believe they are preparing for next season.

12. UTmaniac

Mobster

There will be riots in Italy if the two trick track ponies don't get a 1-2 at Monza, but at least a wet race might mean that Leclerk doesn't lap the rest of the field up to Vettel.

13. Spunkey

Capodecina

Honda reliability starting to bite already.

14. 413x

Capodecina

Makes a lot of sense

15. gord

Capodecina

I think they do, it may not be as dramatic as what's been reported because I think Merc detuned the engines after Perez and Kubica's failures. But Ferrari appear to have a significant trick when it comes to deploying their boost, not only more of it but how long it appears to last.

16. 4K8KW10

Soldato

Ferrari were fast in Bahrain, Canada, Austria, Germany, Belgium and now expected in Italy. There are also more circuits to come and one can never know.
    So, "two track ponies" is rather disrespectful and dishonest rudeism.

17. JunglistE

Mobster

To be fair, Ferrari could've won quite a few races this year if they as a collective didn't find innovative ways to chuck wins away.

18. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Previously it has always compromised ferrari at the end of the season. It has been notable for the last 1-2 years how they seem to turn everything down at the end of the season. Ferrari are ahead on the straights, but barely and they are nowhere on corners. A bizarre design philosophy.

19. 4K8KW10

Soldato

Ferrari's performance went downwards when FIA decided to limit the in-season tests. Ferrari had previously relied on tests on their circuit - Fiorano.
    Previously, they were very strong on the slow circuits like Monaco and Hungaroring, today it's the opposite - they are weak there and very strong on the fastest circuits in the calendar.

Obviously, there should be compromises in one or the other direction.

20. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

All corners are a pretty big compromise though.