1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2021, Monza - Race 14

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Shimmy, 8 Sep 2021.

?

Rate the 2021 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

Poll closed 19 Sep 2021.
  1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

2.5%
  4. 4

0.8%
  5. 5

5.0%
  6. 6

10.9%
  7. 7

25.2%
  8. 8

33.6%
  9. 9

14.3%
  10. 10

7.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GR63

Wise Guy

2. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Looks like Mercedes have the edge over Red Bull here.

3. GravyMonster

Capodecina

Seemed that way, although RB had Max's engine turned down. He was 8kph slower than Perez in the speed trap. It makes sense for them to take his engine penalty here as it's one of the easiest remaining tracks to overtake on, plus it leaves another 7 or 8 races to use the fresh engine power. He's almost guaranteed 3rd at least even starting off the back row.

4. englishpremier

Sgarrista

Everyone should know by now F1 check the box on their uploads that prevents videos being displayed when imbedded. It's been like that since they started using Youtube.

5. this_is_gav

Soldato

It's not an easy track to overtake on. While on the surface it should be, the flatter rear wings means DRS is much less effective than on most tracks, so while slipstreams are important and close running are likely, you need to have a pretty big offset for overtaking.

Last year Bottas and Verstappen were stuck in traffic and it was only Hamilton making his way from the back who was able to overtake the lower tier cars and those on worse tyres.

Even back to the late 90s it wasn't a great place for overtaking. I remember in 1999 Coulthard in the McLaren which was a second a lap quicker than the opposition here, was stuck in 6th behind the likes of a Frentzen, Zanardi, Ralf Schumacher and Salo while his teammate sped off into a big lead (before spinning off - the crying in the bushes episode).

Sochi seems more suitable track to take the penalty.

6. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Tsunoda gets his fastest lap deleted, promoting Russell into Q2.

7. Stumble Bum

Mobster

Red bull won't have the straight line speed around here, they really need to change their decision and take their engine penalty this weekend and just have a damage limitation race now rather than later in the season.

8. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Bottas has swapped his engine an be will start from the back!

9. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

Well Bottas is taking a penalty.

Seems like an odd decision, unless they think he can back-up Max if Max does the same?

p.s. cheers @Shimmy.

10. englishpremier

Sgarrista

Silly buggers on track and in the pit lane. At some point the FIA are going to say is enough.

I'm wondering if the rules might change and have them go out one by one like that old qualifying that was abandoned in the past.

Minimum łap time within 10-12 seconds on the current p1 time. Cars released 15 seconds apart min in reverse order of the times set in the last session.

Last edited: 10 Sep 2021
  11. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Great lap from Bottas, pity he's got engine penalties. Another Q3 for Gio, and more miserable results for Tsunoda and Pērez.

12. KiNgPiN83

Mobster

God dammit I forgot we are doing the sprint race thing this weekend. :rolleyes:

13. Pants

Mobster

No coverage on C4 today. Lame.

14. englishpremier

Sgarrista

You'd only get a bunch of cars queuing to get into Sainsbury's car park anyway.

15. Kautya

Wise Guy

I am presuming the penalty will be applied for the race and nothing for the sprint, right ?

16. cainer

Man of Honour

Red Bull and their sister team have some real issues going on for the short-med term with both of those two drivers as they have been pretty poor in most of the races so far,
    they are both locked in for 2022 and i don't see either of them getting much better

17. Mr Jack

Capodecina

I have absolutely no idea.

18. cainer

Man of Honour

yes, Bottas starts the sprint race tomorrow from P1, but then starts at the back of the race on Sunday

19. Kautya

Wise Guy

Thanks :). I had no idea how the sprint fits under the various rules so had no idea if there was some sort of penatly also for the sprint, as you do get awarded points for the sprint.

20. EVH

Don

With Masi in charge? Expect nothing to be done.

The shenanigans in the pit lane warranted at least 3 unsafe releases that I counted :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.