• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
xJH1oHP.png
Monza
When was the track built?
Constructed in just 110 days in 1922, the Autodromo Nazionale Monza was the world’s third purpose-built race track, coming after Brooklands in the UK and Indianapolis in the US. Like those two tracks, the original circuit featured a daunting series of banked curves, as well as much of the ‘outfield’ section that’s still in use today.

When was its first Grand Prix?
Monza opened its doors on September 3 1922, just a week before it hosted that year’s Italian Grand Prix. It was then part of the original Formula 1 calendar in 1950, and has held the Italian Grand Prix every year bar one since.

What’s the circuit like?
Rapido! Formula 1’s fastest ever lap was set at Monza – Williams driver Juan Pablo Montoya’s 260.6km/h effort during practice for the 2004 Grand Prix – which should give you some idea of the nature of the track the locals call ‘La Pista Magica’. Cars are on full throttle for 80% of the lap, and hit their Vmax on the circuit’s 1.1km start/finish straight. From there, they roar off into the historic park section, where a series of big stops into tight chicanes give the brakes a good workout.

TV Times
Sky:
puzhrpg.png

C4:
Sat - Quali Highlights 6.30pm
Sun - Race Highlights 6.30pm

Track Diagram & Information
LLjh3G5.png

Weather Forecast
Rkm9H6D.png

2020 Race Highlights
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ble-shock-italian.1wpD01On8tZ3EA4JY2BrI3.html

WDC Standings
2gP2ZZB.png

Constructors' Championship Standings
I0n8vmG.png

Practice 1
[to be added]

Practice 2
[to be added]

Practice 3
[to be added]

Qualifying
[to be added]

Race
[to be added]

Soldato
Second Sprint Qualifying. I wasn't a great fan of the first trial; let's see how it goes on this circuit.

That was pretty inevitable, wasn't it? Don't they still have a 10 day isolation period? Is there any word on Kimi's condition? I hope he's doing okay.

Not really Lewis was back after less than week. He missed the Sakhir GP on 6th but was back for Abu Dhabi on 13th. The announcement at least I think was when he'd already travelled.

EDIT: of course he'd already travelled because the GP was in the same place the week before. The 1st December is the first I can see about him testing positive. He was in Adbu Dhabi by 11th possibly the 10th. So perhaps.

Last edited:
Associate
This is potentially a good track for Max to take an engine penalty.

They can see where they're at in the sprint race, if it's clear they can't beat Mercedes take the engine penalty and fly past most of the field on the straight.

Likely still get 3rd or 4th.

Associate
This is potentially a good track for Max to take an engine penalty.

They can see where they're at in the sprint race, if it's clear they can't beat Mercedes take the engine penalty and fly past most of the field on the straight.

Likely still get 3rd or 4th.

I wonder if Lewis will also take one if Max does... would be fun if both of them move from front row back and then carve through

Associate
Heads up that having just checked autosport.com , the sprint qualifying race is at 1700BST this afternoon.

They are wrong I think

its Practice followed by "Qually for the Sprint Qually" today then Practice and Sprint Qually Race on Saturday and full race Sunday

Associate
I wonder if Lewis will also take one if Max does... would be fun if both of them move from front row back and then carve through

Probably one of the few races where back to front is realistically achievable. I don't think I've ever seen someone win an F1 race from last.

Soldato

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

What is the deadline for RB to take an engine penalty? It seems smart to take the hit if they're nowhere but can they do that on Sunday?

By that I mean, how long will it take to change the engine assuming they run an old unit for Fri and Sat? Assuming curfew's are enforced now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom