Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2021, Monza - Race 14

Rate the 2021 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Also telling that the earlier angle had his car on top of Hamilton with the left rear spinning as he boots the throttle. They cut it before it gets to that point on the later angle where you can see the wheel on Hamilton's helmet...

LMAO, are you saying that Max floored it to try and take Hamilton’s head off as the wheel brushed over the halo?

Soldato
as others have said, the fact that horner isn't screaming bloody murder suggests verstappen should have bailed and was to blame. Even verstappen was very diplomatic in his interview which he never is.

Soldato
Only really started following F1 this year so I dont know a whole lot about it BUT if this is deemed to be Verstappen's fault can they deduct points? Like whats the potential punishment?

They'd give an in-race time penalty to effectively deduct points, as happened with Perez. Given neither finished that's not an option. Grid drop or race ban are the possible options, although unlikely.

Soldato
Going by Red Bulls past actions the fact they're not asking for Lewis's head to be put on a spike outside the track tells you all you need to know about apportioning blame.

Racing incident, lets all move on to Sochi.

Caporegime
as others have said, the fact that horner isn't screaming bloody murder suggests verstappen should have bailed and was to blame. Even verstappen was very diplomatic in his interview which he never is.

OR MAYBE….JUST MAYBE they both agree it was a racing incident and there’s no real blame on either party!!

BUT NO THERE MUST BE SOME DEEPER MEANING TO THIS.

You guys are ******* nuts

Associate
Max had every right to try and overtake where he did, but both knew two cars can't go into that corner along side...... One of them had to give way or leave room.

Will be interesting to see what Stewards make of it, but for me it's a racing incident.

Soldato
You can't treat a chicane like this as separate corners, the line through the first part determines the line through the second.
And there was space for both. Whether Verstappen would have made the second part is debateable, but at no point was he not on the track, so he had every right to stay where he was. Again, in hindsight he probably shouldn't have, but neither did anything wrong in my eyes, it was just a racing incident.

Soldato
Only really started following F1 this year so I dont know a whole lot about it BUT if this is deemed to be Verstappen's fault can they deduct points? Like whats the potential punishment?
Grid penalty would be the likely penalty if one were to be dished out, and possibly points on the super license if there is blame to answer to. They couldnt take points away as far as I'm aware (outside of a post race time penalty), especially considering he didnt finish the race.

Lewis looked very stiff in the neck/upper body. I wonder if the tyre to the helmet has tweaked a muscle in his neck.

Soldato
No deeper meaning. Max is a menace.

The teams can try and PR spin it however they like. Anyone that's seen them operate previously can deduce their true thoughts behind the scenes by what they don't say.

Caporegime

If they deem Max deserves it, a 3 or 5 place grid penalty for the next race is the most likely punishment. With Sochi being the next race that's a huge penalty.

Caporegime
No deeper meaning. Max is a menace.

The teams can try and PR spin it however they like. Anyone that's seen them operate previously can deduce their true thoughts behind the scenes by what they don't say.

seems like conspiracy theories to me. It’s almost like they are humans who get caught up with emotions in the heat of the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom