Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2021, Monza - Race 14

Rate the 2021 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This.

Max will never change while he’s at a team which will treat him as a messiah and defend the indefensible. No doubt his old man’s been the same throughout his life so it’s no wonder it’s never his fault.

Vettel was the same to a lesser extent when he had the messiah role. He’s only grown up and found some humility after he left them.

you know Toto wouldn’t take any **** from Hamilton and would tell him if he was being a ****. Can you say the same about Horner and Marko?

Toto put a rocket up Lewis and Nico when they crashed and you could tell he was pretty serious about dropping the pair of them for a race if they didn't sort their lives out. I could never see that happening in a million years at RB. If anything the second driver would get demoted and Max would get off scot free...

And

And

Associate
The problem with Max is, while there is no doubt that he is fast he also has a reckless streak where he will take chances in situations where most other drivers will back off and seems to have developed this sense of entitlement that people should get out of his way because he's Max Verstappen, ie trying to bully drivers on track in much the same way Schumacher used to when at his peak. A lot of the time it works, in part because other drivers don't want to crash they back off, but it appears Max doesn't have the race craft of Lewis to recognise that you have to chose your moments to attack carefully rather than lunge in and expect others to move (evidenced by the number of crashes Max has had compared with Lewis). In some respects he reminds me of Vettel when at Red Bull (the difference being that RB were way faster than anyone else at the time as opposed to now where it's marginal) and the one constant there is Horner which makes me wonder how much of this has come from the team boss. Maybe it's time for the stewards to have words before this escalates further and someone gets seriously hurt.

Soldato
Hamilton was very good at taking out himself, other drivers and team mates in his 20's so let's not ignore history that he drove into the back of Button at Canada with a rash move...

Associate
Hamilton was very good at taking out himself, other drivers and team mates in his 20's so let's not ignore history that he drove into the back of Button at Canada with a rash move...
Um It was more side as it was Hamilton’s rear-left damaged and buttons front…..
And don’t forget the spray! How on Earth was he to see Button was actually there

Caporegime

Yeah, Lewis has had his moments too. Not sure it's fair to characterise the crash in Canada like that though. Button caught Lewis out by moving out of the way when Lewis didn't expect it.

I'm not the biggest fan of Max but he's got a lot better over the years. He's not as much of a dangerous fool as he once was.

Associate
I'm late to the party but I love seeing McLaren win again, they've always been by far my favourite team. Although, it's a shame that Danny gets the glory after Norris has been carrying them all year.

I'm so glad that Lewis has decided to give Max a taste of his own medicine, although today it hurt Lewis more than it did Max.

I hope the penalty will knock Max down a peg or two. Agressive driving is fine, but you've got to be able to take it in return and Max has never been able to, which is half the reason why he went out at Silverstone.

Soldato
Lewis has had his moments for sure, but there's plenty of evidence that he will back out and make a second attempt. Meanwhile Max seems to never back down in a 50:50 and would prefer to end up in contact than have to hold himself back.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Max's engineer sounded terrified of him, following the botched pit stop.

I understand Max was angry but grow up ffs... I've no doubt that the red mist was down but he went for a gap when he should have pulled out.

Does anyone know if Merc have confirmed if that power unit is totalled? There was already talk that Merc would need to take a hit on a 4th engine before the end of the season, so if they've lost another engine...

Caporegime
Does anyone know if Merc have confirmed if that power unit is totalled? There was already talk that Merc would need to take a hit on a 4th engine before the end of the season, so if they've lost another engine...

Lewis's? I can't see why it would be. There was some damage up by the rollover, but the mechanicals are all lower down on the car, aren't they? I'd have thought Max was the more likely to have suffered engine damage.

Associate
Just watched the YouTube highlights, the clip of max walking past Lewis in his car, not even looking over….what a &£&£!!

And yet the Max fans forget that when they accuse Lewis of celebrating when Max was in hospital (he didnt know)...

I expect Lewis has some sort of compression injury in his neck. I hope not serious

Caporegime
Just watched the YouTube highlights, the clip of max walking past Lewis in his car, not even looking over….what a &£&£!!

To be fair to Max, I doubt he realised how serious the incident was. Given it was a relatively slow speed incident, and he won't have been able to see the contact between his wheel and Lewis' head, he probably thought there wasn't any real risk to Lewis.

And yet the Max fans forget that when they accuse Lewis of celebrating when Max was in hospital (he didnt know)...

That was so embarrassing from Max. Does anyone think for a moment that he wouldn't have celebrated if the positions were reversed?

Soldato

I expect Lewis has some sort of compression injury in his neck. I hope not serious

Yeah, from experience it could be 24 hours before he really starts feeling it. :(

If he does, this could rumble on for weeks. If that happens Red Bull have brought it on themselves after the 51G and attempted murder nonsense post-Silverstone...

Associate
It's going to be a very empty championship win for Max if Lewis is still injured come the Russian GP.

But if anyone is fit enough to get over a neck injury, it's an F1 driver!

Soldato
It's going to be a very empty championship win for Max if Lewis is still injured come the Russian GP.

At the same time though your neck isn't something you want an injury with if your an F1 driver as it takes a lot of punishment. So hopefully he's ok for next week.

Associate

I'm sure Max will still celebrate though if he does:rolleyes:

Good race on the whole, nice to see the McLaren's up at the front again and Bottas coming through from the back. Wonder if they trimed his wing out even more to give him more spped on the straights.

Soldato
Lewis has had his moments for sure, but there's plenty of evidence that he will back out and make a second attempt. Meanwhile Max seems to never back down in a 50:50 and would prefer to end up in contact than have to hold himself back.
Now he will, but not when he was the same age as Max. Look at other drivers of a similar age to Max on the grid. They're all up for it as they all think they'll indestructible and have nothing to lose. Backing out and picking your fights tends to come with maturity as it does with life..

Soldato
Um It was more side as it was Hamilton’s rear-left damaged and buttons front…..
And don’t forget the spray! How on Earth was he to see Button was actually there
I have watched Lewis since he first came into F1 and he's made some pretty dumb errors in the past and will still run off the track another driver if it's 50/50...

Soldato
Now he will, but not when he was the same age as Max. Look at other drivers of a similar age to Max on the grid. They're all up for it as they all think they'll indestructible and have nothing to lose. Backing out and picking your fights tends to come with maturity as it does with life..
Yeh agreed. Lewis definitely used to be quite rash. Max needs to mature a little bit more. Knowing when to take the risk and when not to has served Hamilton well the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom