US: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Associate
OP
The characters are all supposed to be horrible people, they're all massively vain, narcissistic, and would betray each other in a heartbeat. This only becomes more so as the series matures.
I absolutely love all the characters, but if you're wondering whether they become "better" people as the show progresses. Then the answer is no, not in the slightest. In the first season they're positively nice to each other compared to later seasons.

But as i've said, the writing and characters improve hugely in season 2 (especially the case for Dee). So perhaps that's what you're struggling with?

Associate
Love how the characters in this show are the most amoral butt holes that are trying to screw each other over at any given opportunity.

Wait till you get to the D.E.N.N.I.S. system episode, true sociopath there :D

Soldato
The introduction of Danny DeVito's character has changed my view of the show. As I've always liked him, and the fact he's usually played a knob, he seems to have changed my attitude towards the other characters.

I've laughed more in the first few episodes with him in it than I did for the whole first series save for the last episode with the monobrowed brothers.

It's usually worth sticking with something just in case. Not always but usually.

Loved it ***do not open Spoiler if you have not seen "Charlie Work"***

You guys used Frank’s credit card, you bought a bunch of airline miles. Used those airline miles to purchase 400 steaks, knowing that this delivery company delivered all variety of animal products. You plan was to contaminate the steaks with chicken feathers by rubbing live chickens all over them. Then you were gonna repackage the steaks. At which point you were gonna return the contaminated steaks for actual cash, taking advantage of a loophole in the current airline mile system. Correct?

"Very Good Charlie!"

"Yeah..."

"Yeah we sorta laid it all out for you anyway!"

"But what you didn’t plan on was a hungry delivery guy who’d driven all the way here from Ohio, or that Dee’s oversized fingers could have accidentally pressed zero again when she ordered the steaks online, I’m assuming you did the typing, Dee, yes?"

"Goddammit."

"Dee, you *****."

"But none of this matters to me. Because today is inspection day. A day that I pride myself on. A day that I’ve never failed on and I don’t plan on failing now. So listen to me and listen close like you’ve never done before—we are going to pull this thing off, so help…me…God...*Fuse Blows* Sonofa*****!

Soldato
Charlie was on form this week, loved the long tracking shot, perhaps it was a homage to the one in true detective?

It was an homage to both TD and Birdman.
Remember Dennis was saying 'alright, alright' that's a Matthew McConaughey saying

The music was very very reminiscent of Birdman

Soldato
It was Birdman heavy and I liked that. 'Charlie Work' will go down as one of the best episode ever of IASIP. Dennis doing the 'alright, alright' was brilliant too.

Soldato
I love the show, although I haven't watched any episodes since I actually moved to Philly lol.

Takes a little while to develop the characters but they got there. Sometimes I do tire a little of the depravity of it all, but other than that it's great.

p.s. Kitten Mittens :D

Soldato
I've tried to like this show, as some bits of it are very funny but the constant shouting and bickering nature of the dialogue just get on my nerves after a few episodes. Charlie never stops shouting and screaming. (he is a one trick pony cause he's the same in Pacific Rim) It's almost like you would have to have ADHD to keep up with it.

Back
Top Bottom