It's finally arrived!! More HP!!

Nem

Nem

Associate
Always surprises me that we all fit different or larger induction kits but then when going large power revert back to the standard parts. Or is that a standard looking intake which has been modified but just looks stock?

Have a look for our event at Cosford, September 21st, be good to have a look at it now it's done.

Associate
OP
Always surprises me that we all fit different or larger induction kits but then when going large power revert back to the standard parts. Or is that a standard looking intake which has been modified but just looks stock?

Have a look for our event at Cosford, September 21st, be good to have a look at it now it's done.

I ordered tickets last week for the Cosford event :)

Intake is a PPH 90mm version stock is only 78mm I think, airbox is modded to fitted the much bigger pipe. After the failure of my carbon intake I went with aluminium :p

Nem

Nem

Associate
I ordered tickets last week for the Cosford event :)

Intake is a PPH 90mm version stock is only 78mm I think, airbox is modded to fitted the much bigger pipe. After the failure of my carbon intake I went with aluminium :p
We'll see you there then!

Knew you had the carbon one, which is why I was wondering why the change but makes sense.

OcUK Staff

To be honest unless going for big big power like Andy has done here nearly all stock OE intakes perform better than after market intakes, nearly all the aftermarket stuff is a big con and the original equipment intakes on all modern cars these days are pretty much proper cold air intakes and some are even cold air ram intakes, it is normally just better to remove any kind of pre-cat or emission filter and put in a high flow filter also for best power and also best drive ability.

Associate
OP

Managed to get a spot at Vmax 200 yesterday to do some testing of the car, Best Vmax I got according to my Vbox was 187mph. Sadly I cannot use launch control i'd destroy my gearbox or cluch :mad: I managed about 10 runs inbetween everyone crashing :o

Associate
OP
187mph, nice :D

I'll have a watch of the video later.

How is the car feeling after the huge boost of power?

It's coping well it was really stable at high speeds and had zero issues with temps after back to back runs. The extra power is just highlighting issues with my gearbox, I cannot shift fast enough or launch the car without putting massive stress on the box.

Was that a XJ220 in the other lane ? Still quick today if it was.

It was indeed :eek: there were a lot of really exotic cars there.

Soldato
It's coping well it was really stable at high speeds and had zero issues with temps after back to back runs. The extra power is just highlighting issues with my gearbox, I cannot shift fast enough or launch the car without putting massive stress on the box.

What's the options there then? Continue to baby it a bit? Or planning gearbox upgrades in the future? I seem to remember you mentioning DSG retrofit?

Associate
OP
Didn't realise you were having a new build, did the original go boom or just building a "hot spare" ? :D

It's going to be even quicker with DSG :o

My tuner is having 3 new engines built, so I'm just exchanging mine when all the bits are ready.

I was at the limit of the power my manual box could handle so with my DSG swap I can go for much more, just ordered upgraded clutch pack for my DSG box and a new turbo :eek:

Back
Top Bottom