It's finally arrived!! More HP!!

Associate
OP
Currently 650hp 700nm on high boost map with VPower.

Should be around 750hp 900nm with VPower, then with flex fuel mapping on my Syvces ecu E85 race fuel should be be around 920hp.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
You sticking with the original iron lump, or as part of the new build is it going to use the newer aluminium block?

Crazy what the likes of Iroz are getting out of the newer engine!

Although if I remember rightly you’ve got a second injector set on yours already?

Associate
OP
The newer aluminium block isnt strong enough, the cylinder would need to be sleeved which is to much hassle. The older iron block has been proven at well over 1000hp. The only reason the newer engine looks crazy is the stock turbo is much bigger giving much higher gains at stage 1+ and it has secondry injection as standard.

As for iroz they are all spin there products are rubbish and the owner is a total tool.

Last edited:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I did with wonder if the newer lump was weaker in that respect, guess if you match the turbo and injection between the two the iron lump could have more potential?

Not clued up on tuners for these things so have no idea who is/isn’t any good!

Associate
OP
I think in the long run the iron block is the best bet, cheaper to built and there is years of development behind the parts I'm using. That being said just pop a bit turbo kit on a new RS3 or TTRS and you'll get 650hp ish pretty safely.

Associate
740lb/ft, NICE!

I always wanted an RS3 as I knew the engines were special but was just a bit away from comfortably affording one so went with an S3 instead.

What the americans are doing with this engine is crazy :D

Associate
OP
Some progress at long last! Turbo finally arrived and has been insulated the same as the rest of my kit. Ordered a new intake manifold it's arrived and being sent for power coating this week. Should be starting the build in a few weeks :D Also ordered a upgraded LPFP and tons of E85 race fuel!

G4uQsM3.jpg
hrNZ86A.jpg
E7KUDjp.jpg
nTaklqf.jpg

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
I'm hoping for around 1000hp on normal fuel, tho the engine needs to be run in and the car will need a few long shakedown drives before final mapping, I haven't driven it for over a year so I'll take it easy till I'm used to the new power and gearbox.

Associate
OP
Oooh shiny :)

Are the R8 calipers the same as the 8V RS3?

TTRS 8J and RS3 8V use the smaller 4 piston calipers, the R8 ones are 8 piston.

All the big bits are fitted and its off the ramp now, Just need the new low pressure fuel pump plumbing in, flex fuel kit fitting and a few other little bits and bobs. I've managed to source a new rear diff from a TTRS 8S so my haldex is now gen5 this allow my syvecs ECU to have full control and can direct how much power goes to the back wheels.

x3rofcB.jpg

Back
Top Bottom