It's finally arrived!! More HP!!

Associate
OP
All the major work is complete and I picked the car up last week and started running in the new DSG box, I managed to do around 1000 miles to break in the clutches then went back to my tuner on Saturday so everything could be checked. With a clean bill of health and fresh engine oil it was back onto the roller for for a few more pulls, We managed nearly 700 wheel HP at 1.60 bar that's about 820 ish at the crank :eek:

xFo04lE.jpg

As I'm still getting used to the DSG so we decided to leave it there for the time being.

As for the change from manual to DSG its a massive leap forward in the drivability of the car. I had a ceramic 6 puck race clutch which while it wasn't overly heavy it took a lot of effort to pull away without causing the car to shudder or stall along with being careful not to heat it up to much with lots of stopping and starting as it could just glaze over and need to be replace :( The manual gearbox was also kind of " sloppy " a number of times I nearly changed into 3rd instead of 5th which would have cause the engine to over rev thus destroy it. Its surprising how draining all that was and how tired I'd be after driving for long periods of time.

When the DSG box is in drive its like an NA car as it goes up through the gears so fast the car never makes any boost which makes it easy to drive around town or car parks ect. Sports mode is just mental it downshifts hard and before you know what's happening the you are going over 150mph :o It comes alive in manual mode I'm still getting used to the paddles and now having seven gears butt the shifts are so smooth its almost like driving a single gear car as I do not have any DSG farts on my maps :D

OcUK Staff
All the major work is complete and I picked the car up last week and started running in the new DSG box, I managed to do around 1000 miles to break in the clutches then went back to my tuner on Saturday so everything could be checked. With a clean bill of health and fresh engine oil it was back onto the roller for for a few more pulls, We managed nearly 700 wheel HP at 1.60 bar that's about 820 ish at the crank :eek:

xFo04lE.jpg

As I'm still getting used to the DSG so we decided to leave it there for the time being.

As for the change from manual to DSG its a massive leap forward in the drivability of the car. I had a ceramic 6 puck race clutch which while it wasn't overly heavy it took a lot of effort to pull away without causing the car to shudder or stall along with being careful not to heat it up to much with lots of stopping and starting as it could just glaze over and need to be replace :( The manual gearbox was also kind of " sloppy " a number of times I nearly changed into 3rd instead of 5th which would have cause the engine to over rev thus destroy it. Its surprising how draining all that was and how tired I'd be after driving for long periods of time.

When the DSG box is in drive its like an NA car as it goes up through the gears so fast the car never makes any boost which makes it easy to drive around town or car parks ect. Sports mode is just mental it downshifts hard and before you know what's happening the you are going over 150mph :o It comes alive in manual mode I'm still getting used to the paddles and now having seven gears butt the shifts are so smooth its almost like driving a single gear car as I do not have any DSG farts on my maps :D

DSG is gonna be the real ticket with that car, it was a fast car before but really let down by the human and gearbox. :p
Should be going sub 10s at Pod in this easily without breaking much of a sweat I'd thought. :D

Associate
OP
Everything seems fine :) Done a few track days with zero issues. The final protype of my new intercooler will be finished next month and go into testing, new exhaust has been designed. I'm hoping that early next year everything will be finished :eek:

Associate
OP
I've managed to make a little progress :eek: got my R8 wheel fitted, the DSG and steering wheel buttons working perfectly just need to figure out a few issues to get the start/stop button working next.

qwmf92N.jpg

Also had a new sump machined to increase my oil capacity that got delivered last week.

laTIBKL.jpg

Intercooler development is pretty much complete, my tuner has been using a TTRS 8S as a development test bed so mine will be dropped of at some point so the 8J version can be made.

I've started buying suspension bits and bobs as everything is getting stripped off and replace this year, the only OEM parts left are my suspension and its getting on to be 14 years old so its time for another upgrade :cry:

Back
Top Bottom