It's On! Floyd Mayweather - Conor McGregor **No discussions of illegal streams**

Soldato
Prediction - exciting first 4 rounds whilst Conor goes for KO, snoozefest after that till Mayweather wins on points by going on his bike for 12 rounds.

That's it. Nothing else.

Soldato
Floyd is the boxer as well, onus should be on him to be on the front foot.

Floyd has never fought on the "front" foot for about 6 years. He's a defensive master. Hence my prediction above. It's made for Floyd to stay out of trouble in the early part of the fight then just jab jab jab his way to a points win.

Soldato
For those who've never watched UFC or McGregor fight... this is how he's made a name for himself.

Trash talk, crazy press conferences and controversy all draw attention. He then uses this to promote himself for the next fight on a bigger scale. There's always been a bit of that in the UFC but it was really Conor that took that to the next level.

As soon as he wins/loses he'll show respect and drop the showmanship act. That's how he's done it in the past and he will do it this time too.

Mayweather is the same too. Very humble post-fight.

Soldato
Floyd has never fought on the "front" foot for about 6 years. He's a defensive master. Hence my prediction above. It's made for Floyd to stay out of trouble in the early part of the fight then just jab jab jab his way to a points win.

I don't think that's completely fair. He is a defensive master but he stays on his front foot quite a lot, he just utilises that shoulder roll really well

Soldato
Prediction - exciting first 4 rounds whilst Conor goes for KO, snoozefest after that till Mayweather wins on points by going on his bike for 12 rounds.

That's it. Nothing else.

I watched the Hatton Mayweather fight last night. Hatton went in guns blazing from the very start, going for the KO and even stunned Mayweather in the first round almost knocking him to the canvas. Mayweather wobbled a bit but then recovered himself. Several rounds later he knocked Hatton out. If Conor goes in guns blazing, I see a similar scenario and he may not even get a hit on Floyd like Hatton did.

Caporegime
Lol at these 2 muppets and their press conferences. Made for good viewing and lots of laughs, which let's be honest this fight is.

I've never been a big fan of Mayweather but I hope he knocks Conor the **** out a la Friday style:p.

But it's nothing more than a circus, an expensive money grabbing circus. Of course I'll be glued watching it, it would be a shame not to.

Soldato

That's it. Nothing else.
This is what I'm expecting too. Floyd will be super careful as he's passed his prime and has everything to lose.

Soldato
It does seem crazy that they'll both get $100 million.. ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS.... for 36 minutes work. Maybe even less than 3 minutes work depending if there's a knockout in round 1. Am I jealous? Nope. not at a...Yes, yes I am :p

Associate
It does seem crazy that they'll both get $100 million.. ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS.... for 36 minutes work. Maybe even less than 3 minutes work depending if there's a knockout in round 1. Am I jealous? Nope. not at a...Yes, yes I am :p

Conor is getting $100m, Floyd is rumoured to be getting 3-4x that.

Soldato
Conor is getting $100m, Floyd is rumoured to be getting 3-4x that.

Really? That's just ridiculous then. So, the fight will supposedly bring in a billion dollars. Conor gets $100 million, Floyd gets up to $400 million, and the LA, Toronto, New York, London fight build up must have cost a good $50 million. Well they'll end up with the best part of half a billion I suppose to split between Showtime, UFC and Mayweather Promotions.

Soldato
That would be hilarious if true (which I hugely doubt!) the amount of butthurt screaming there will be when people realise they've spent £90 on a dud would be funny as hell!

I do suspect they are trying to charge a ridiculous amount though as almost a month out from the fight no UK broadcaster has actually officially bought the rights. It'll be more than the usual £20 I reckon but probably not £90!!

Soldato
Conor said this fight will quadruple his net worth for half a fight. He seems to think it will be easier than a UFC match.
I don't think he's actually being honest, as a UFC fighter being told only to use their fists is like telling a painter he can only use a brush for the ceiling.

It's like putting the handcuffs on him.

Can't see anything other than a mayweather win. Then again, I said that about the haye fight and look how that turned out. Please tell me they are both going to wear proper boots!

Back
Top Bottom