It's On! Floyd Mayweather - Conor McGregor **No discussions of illegal streams**

Soldato
The best outcome for this would be for nobody to buy the fight and stop making promoters and fighters rich for **** poor contests, I'd rather watch two journeyman boxers fight than an MMA fighter vs boxer in a boxing only contest, the only entertainment will be the press conference and the slim chance McGregor snaps after getting tee'd off on and kicks Floyd or something

Promoters ain't making them rich - fans who buy tickets/PPV are making them rich - it's a fight people want to see despite the miserable boring lot in here!:p:p

Caporegime
Promoters ain't making them rich - fans who buy tickets/PPV are making them rich - it's a fight people want to see despite the miserable boring lot in here!:p:p

Think you need to reread what I posted, I said people buying the fight are making both the promoters and fighters rich.

It's nothing to do with being boring either, the only thing that'll be boring is the fight itself most likely.

Caporegime
I would love to see the contract. Conor loves money so he wouldn't dare risk his purse, but imagine the tears if he decided to headkick him or maybe just throw a leg kick or two. No one would actually care, right? Floyd is a despicable human being.

If he makes it past the first round it's a W. Hell, he has already won.

Makes it past the first round? Floyd hasn't beaten anyone in round 1 since 1997 (20 years ago). His last 12 out of 14 fights have all went to 12 rounds. He's not a puncher he's a show boxer. If anyone is winning in the first round it's mc gregor.

The fight will either go the distance or it will be stopped by the amount of damage incurred by mc gregors face.

Anyone complaining about not wanting to pay for this. Why not stick £300 on Floyd to win? It will cover the PPV fee.

Soldato
McGregors retirement fund, shame really loved watching his fights and build ups within the UFC and didnt want him to end his career so soon. Not only that but he's had the UFC eating out the palm of his hand not defending the belt for almost 2 years.

Canello v GGG is the fight to watch.

Caporegime
The sheer number of people on my social media circle that think McGregor is going to pound on Mayweather is why this fight will make Billions. Mayweather is exactly the fighter I'd love to see take this fight to hopefully make it a long painful evening for McGregor. I hope he takes him 12 rounds, I will be gutted if he did finish him in Round 1.

Soldato
It'll be hilarious if Mayweather KO's him in the first round. That will bring a lot of disappointment to fans who pay to watch it.

Soldato
Boxing stands to win nothing from this, Floyd wins and it's expected, McGregor wins and boxing's credibility goes down as a prehistoric combat sport which has been surpassed by the evolution of the modern day combatant. UFC stands to win big.

Caporegime
Should be awesome promotion running up to it as Conor is always entertaining, the fight itself I can see Floyd dancing around for 12 rounds he won't want to put himself in any danger. Get money on a Floyd decision, written all over it.

Could you actually imagine if Conor does iron him out though? There's no doubt he has power if he can land the punch, but that's his only chance in this fight imo, a punchers chance.

Conor can't lose, he's expected to get handled and rightly so. He makes a huge wedge of cash, win/win for Conor.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am looking forward to the first stare down between them, I think there will be a noticeable size difference.

I wonder if Conor will be able to get in to Floyds head like he has done to all of his UFC opponents.

Soldato
I can't believe this is actually happening! McGregor is an absolute cocky idiot who believes in his own hype if he actually thinks he can even land on Mayweather! He Is very overrated even as an MMA fighter! apart from a couple of fights his opponents have not been anything special and he even got beat by Nate Diaz who is a mid card fighter at best.
He's been hyped up by everyone in the UFC because they are short of talent the same way they hyped Ronda Rousey and look what happened to her.
I remember Dana White saying Ronda Rousey would beat Mayweather :rolleyes: and the minute she stepped in with women that can punch she got knocked out.
If Canelo Alvarez who can punch far harder than McGregor couldn't barely land a punch on Mayweather despite knocking out most of his opponents then McGregor stands no chance.
The only way it would have been a fare fight would have been to have mma gloves on and in the octagon but boxing only

Caporegime
I can't believe this is actually happening! McGregor is an absolute cocky idiot who believes in his own hype if he actually thinks he can even land on Mayweather! He Is very overrated even as an MMA fighter! apart from a couple of fights his opponents have not been anything special and he even got beat by Nate Diaz who is a mid card fighter at best.
He's been hyped up by everyone in the UFC because they are short of talent the same way they hyped Ronda Rousey and look what happened to her.
I remember Dana White saying Ronda Rousey would beat Mayweather :rolleyes: and the minute she stepped in with women that can punch she got knocked out.
If Canelo Alvarez who can punch far harder than McGregor couldn't barely land a punch on Mayweather despite knocking out most of his opponents then McGregor stands no chance.
The only way it would have been a fare fight would have been to have mma gloves on and in the octagon but boxing only

Two weight UFC champion, yet overrated? Er no.

As for the standard of guys he's fought:

Aldo - FW champ, Unbeaten in ten years
Poirier - Consistently inside the top 10 in two different weight classes
Mendes - Former title contender
Alvarez - LW champ
Holloway - Current FW champ

They're all solid wins, against legit MMA fighters. Saying he's only fought a couple of decent guys is quite simply wrong.

Soldato

Errr -I think your being a bit harsh on McGregor

McGregor is hardly overrated - 2 weight champion, he can only beat what's put in front of him in the Octagon.
Diaz beat him at 170lbs on short notice - McGregor usually fights at 145lbs. He stepped up a massive amount - yes he got beat but at least he took on the fight on at a massive weight disadvantage. No one in boxing would ever step up 25lbs for a fight!! (won the rematch remember!)

Hype sells fights......thats what McGregor does well and Mayweather does superbly. Both will hype it to the max, whatever the results, it's a massive pay day for both.

Soldato
Diaz beat him at 170lbs on short notice - McGregor usually fights at 145lbs. He stepped up a massive amount - yes he got beat but at least he took on the fight on at a massive weight disadvantage. No one in boxing would ever step up 25lbs for a fight!!

Not strictly true as he was due to be fighting RDA at 155lbs for the lightweight belt when RDA got injured, so it was only a 15lb weight increase (that being said he weighed in at 168lbs so essentially just didn't need to cut weight)

Soldato
Two weight UFC champion, yet overrated? Er no.

As for the standard of guys he's fought:

Aldo - FW champ, Unbeaten in ten years
Poirier - Consistently inside the top 10 in two different weight classes
Mendes - Former title contender
Alvarez - LW champ
Holloway - Current FW champ

They're all solid wins, against legit MMA fighters. Saying he's only fought a couple of decent guys is quite simply wrong.
Apart from 3 names on that list the rest are mid card fighters. Even the Aldo win was a fluke because he came rushing in and got caught. If they had a rematch it would be completely different!
McGregor is put on this pedestal because he's 2 weight champ but let's be honest he's only that because of the lack of depth in the UFC over the last few years.
There's plenty of fighters in the past who could have been 2 weight champs if they would have had the chance namely Chuck Liddell could have moved up a weight and spanked the heavyweights in his prime and GSP etc could have moved around in weight.

Soldato
Also just to add when this fight was first mentioned last year McGregor actually sparred a professional boxer in America who's never even come close to being a champion and he got schooled. The boxer even said afterward he would never stand a chance against Mayweather.
It's just a big money making scam that McGregor is taking just for the money as he knows Mayweather is not a big puncher so he will at least last a couple of rounds.

Caporegime
Apart from 3 names on that list the rest are mid card fighters. Even the Aldo win was a fluke because he came rushing in and got caught. If they had a rematch it would be completely different!
McGregor is put on this pedestal because he's 2 weight champ but let's be honest he's only that because of the lack of depth in the UFC over the last few years.
There's plenty of fighters in the past who could have been 2 weight champs if they would have had the chance namely Chuck Liddell could have moved up a weight and spanked the heavyweights in his prime and GSP etc could have moved around in weight.

lol, fluke, that old chestnut. He threw a punch with the intention to land, it landed, hardly a fluke. Why would the rematch be any different? You did see Aldo get finished by Holloway right?

The divisions he's fought in (apart from WW) aren't shallow as far as talent is considered and i've listed 5 very credible wins in my post above. You think Poirier and Mendes aren't top fighters? Mendes was ranked in the top 5 for a very long time, and Poirier has been right up there as well.

I'm not saying he has a chance here, i've already said he has a punchers chance and that's it but to say he's overrated or hasn't fought many good fighters in the UFC, again, is simply not true.

Soldato
Floyd will win for sure, as much as i hope he doesn't. He unfortunately will fight in the same way i suspect as he fought Manny very central in the ring and straight up defence. Conor on the other hand will burn himself out as he did in his first bout with Nate.

Back
Top Bottom