Its that time of year again (Bike insurance)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
As per the title , last year i used pedal cover for Building/Contents and bike insurance all in one.

This year they way £380 and the insurance coverage has also got worse.

Does anyone else use a combined home and bike insurance policy, open to any ideas really.

Thanks.

Soldato
M&S for me as home insurance, it's gone up again but I can't get anyone to quote anywhere near as they insure my bikes based upon the most expensive one (8k...) although not sure how they would cover me if all were nicked...They were no bother when I crashed my bike last year and completely wrote it off, got a payout within 2 or 3 weeks for bike, helmet, shorts and Jersey.

Due to lockdown bike supply the bike they Initially offered as the equivalent I managed to challenge as not available in my size so got an extra 500 quid or so as I'm of average height so all medium/54 bikes were like rocking horse stuff... Worked to my advantage at the time.

Soldato
I have mine covered under my house insurance as a dedicated policy is far too expensive. I also suspect a dedicated policy is more likely to go for a repair as they know what can be achieved compared to a house insurance policy who I expect would pay out the sum insured for a crash damaged bike (with some due diligence on value). Third party cover separate to the house insurance does seem like good value and may be included with other subscriptions (Strava, British Cycling etc).

Back
Top Bottom