It's the return of the 3310!

Soldato
Business insider Sauce
Standard Sauce
Huffpost Sauce

So its making a comeback apparently! Loads of nostalgia with this, I remember being in school and literally throwing the thing around trying to break it. Best phone ever when your 13 and all you care about is snake :D

At £50 seems like it will be a great phone for the kids but wonder how much of the old charm it will still have in this day and age. Do kids really want an old monochrome display with no apps other than snake?

Soldato
lol, I used to have one of them phones!

none of this fancy stuff that we have today, calculator screen with the most annoying ring tones ever! :D

Soldato
Looking online for those custom ringtones you had to input yourself with a series of key presses :D nostalgia.

The thing was literally nuke proof.

Soldato
I think in this day and age, kids as young as 10 want phones which allow them to access social media, Whatsapp and the rest of it.

I wish I could go back to a single phone but I have no signal where I live so depend on Whatsapp, as well as because I wouldn't hear about social arrangement until much later. Annoyingly we're almost forced to have a smart phone which is a right pain!

I look forward to seeing how these sell, but I think the numbers will be fairly pitiful.

My first phone was the 5110, so slightly off-topic, but it had the same features i.e. calls, SMS, calculator, Snake + 1 other game.

The main limitation was that your contacts and SMS inbox was confined to the SIM card's own storage. It allowed 90 contacts and 10 messages in the SMS inbox. If you already had 10 messages, then the next message will stay on the phone network's server until you deleted a previous message. If this limitation was removed, and let's say that the 3310 had 8 megabytes of internal storage, I think it would still be a viable handset of today.

In terms of SIM card size, my current SIM is one of those that can break down into different sizes, but at full size, it would fit into a 3310 and also in my Note 4 (current handset) which is also full size.

Soldato
Ah, the 3310/3330. I had a custom case and flashy disco buttons when people called me.

I also remember the 'myth' that if you got over 1000 points on Snake 2 Orange would give you £10 credit. Was gutted to never get that money :p

Gosh. Remember the days when every house had a Nokia charger!?

I had from memory a 5110 (first ever phone, had a different model name on Orange), 3330, N-Gage and a 7600 (weird tear shaped one). How the mighty have fallen

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah the re-badged 5110 on Orange. Under Orange, it was called the Nokia 402. With the blue front cover instead of black! It was my first phone too :)
That was it! I was searching 410 but couldn't find it.

Phones have come a far way in general. I remember my mum used to have a Motorola Startac and the sim card in that thing was an entire card!

Back
Top Bottom