1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's too hot :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Upgrade, May 24, 2012.

1. MooMoo444

Caporegime

The sign of a true nerd, annoyed at the high ambient temps because they ruin overclocking :p

2. Robbo

Don

This heat is horrendous. :(

Is there nothing like a mini air conditioning unit? I can't be doing with the big ones with a pipe out of the window. My fan is quite a good one but it's limited in the office/computer room where it's boiling!

3. darkgen

Wise Guy

I've had to order up a few 18” air circulators in order to better distribute the cooled air from the aircon unit! Home office is a sweat-box at 28.4 atm ☹

4. Frozennova

Man of Honour

My office is currently 32 degrees and parked in the sun.

Debating buying a portable air con unit this evening as our house being a new build is unbearable in this heat

5. MooMoo444

Caporegime

Buy your super tog duvets and extra thick blankets today ready for the winter. Probably get good prices for them on a day like this one ;)

6. ChrisD.

Capodecina

Our cool air ventilation system (which just blows warm air from outside around the office) has failed so HR have bought us all free ice creams :)

7. BriT

Mobster

I have this one http://www.argos.co.uk/product/1816822 Keep my flat bedroom at around 21c - 22c. New build as well and have the sun on my flat for 7 hours.

8. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I can handle the temp but drank 2L of water today and not pee once, yet I am not technically sweating. Where does it go?!

9. ChrisD.

Capodecina

How loud are they?

10. BriT

Mobster

There not quiet but not loud either somewhere in the middle, i don't notice anymore while gaming or listening to music.

11. Seblirium

Associate

Everybody always says that I'm a 'typical Brit' in this type of weather. Before I politely correct them by saying I like winter and I enjoy the cold. I wear shorts and t-shirt all year round, unless for work or a formal occasion. While I like how people get a bit happier and social when the sun's out, it doesn't half do my head in. Our workplaces and homes just aren't designed for 'hot' weather in this country (should have remembered that when I decided to go up into the loft yesterday! :eek:). Roll on December! :)

12. ChrisD.

Capodecina

I had my Dyson fan on 10 last night which is pretty noisy, wasn't too bad once I got used to it. My bedroom was like an oven. Again, new build, so just traps the heat.

My housemate is away in the week now so I'll probably open my bedroom door and open the loft, that helped a lot last year.

13. Seblirium

Associate

Are they worth the money? I've never seen one in action.

14. ChrisD.

Capodecina

I would say probably not, they are good don't get me wrong but it's still £250 for a fan that isn't *that* much better from one costing less than half as much.

15. Acme

Caporegime

I sweat like a pig, its disgusting... One of many reasons why I hate this weather. :(

16. scorza

Caporegime

Mine's a new build as well, tbh it's no better or worse for being hot than my old 1970 terraced house. You can't keep the air in your house below the air temperature outside for very long no matter how insulated it is.

What does annoy me slightly is that the light fitting in my bedroom is in totally the wrong place if I wanted to replace it with a ceiling fan.

17. robfosters

Caporegime

Trying to play football manager, but my PC keeps locking up. Must be overheating.

18. Raggs

Wise Guy

cmon 30.9 c in living room now :( Bionaire floorstander fan on full blast, stuck in waiting for a bloody amazon parcel bet he comes at 9pm :mad:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  19. Logsi

Capodecina

Surely the Insulation should be good it keeps the heat out also? Is it thermal brick or cavity construction? 12" of loft insulation also?

I have EWI done to my place and it keeps the heat in and heat out.

I'm glad I went into work early at 7 this morning and left early. It was getting very hot. Not that I really mind though. Get to go for a surf afterwards and cool off!

20. ChrisD.

Capodecina

I don't know, I do IT, not building/DUY stuff. :p