It's too hot :(

Soldato
I'm really considering getting a mobile air conditioning unit, I know it would only get sporadic usage and would probably be unused for 9 months of the year, but I think I'd value it for the times like today when it's stupidly hot and opening the windows isn't touching it. Thermostat upstairs currently reading 28.2 degrees C and I expect it will go up nearer to 30 before the evening kicks in properly and I can vent some of this heat out.

Anyone got one?

Soldato
I'm really considering getting a mobile air conditioning unit, I know it would only get sporadic usage and would probably be unused for 9 months of the year, but I think I'd value it for the times like today when it's stupidly hot and opening the windows isn't touching it. Thermostat upstairs currently reading 28.2 degrees C and I expect it will go up nearer to 30 before the evening kicks in properly and I can vent some of this heat out.

Anyone got one?

I got one of these last week and so far it has been excellent... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GJONCMS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Atm, I only have the hose dangling out a window but the office is wonderfully cool. The dog has caught on quick too, she sits right in front of it! Marvellous!

I've been wanting to get one for a few years (as I tend to run a bit hot) however I finally managed to justify it to myself and it is well worth it if you're uncomfortable or suffer in the heat.

Soldato
I got one of these last week and so far it has been excellent... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GJONCMS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Atm, I only have the hose dangling out a window but the office is wonderfully cool. The dog has caught on quick too, she sits right in front of it! Marvellous!

I've been wanting to get one for a few years (as I tend to run a bit hot) however I finally managed to justify it to myself and it is well worth it if you're uncomfortable or suffer in the heat.

That's exactly the one I have been looking at as well, well reviewed on Amazon. For a while now I've just put up with the heat but I think the long term benefits would see me not regretting this purchase one bit.

Edit - also buying it before everywhere runs out of stock would seem like a good idea, sold! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
That's exactly the one I have been looking at as well, well reviewed on Amazon. For a while now I've just put up with the heat but I think the long term benefits would see me not regretting this purchase one bit.

Well, so far I can definitely recommend it. I've only got it set to 22C at the moment and it is possibly a little too chilled in here!

It's rather nice, my plums are well chilled! :)

Edit - also buying it before everywhere runs out of stock would seem like a good idea, sold! :D

Probably too late for you guys now if you want a price drop, but I went for this which is very similar and still 8000 BTU : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282820926606

I've had 2 of these now. Previous unit lasted for 5 years until I had to replace it. The price drop (£170 instead of the usual £280) is because the eBayer sells customer-returned units. So customer buys it then returns it for whatever reason. Then it's re-sold as tested / working as "new" (or "new other" in eBay terms) as it still includes the packaging and accessories. It's just that it's been opened, that's all.

Soldato
Probably too late for you guys now if you want a price drop, but I went for this which is very similar and still 8000 BTU : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282820926606

I've had 2 of these now. Previous unit lasted for 5 years until I had to replace it. The price drop (£170 instead of the usual £280) is because the eBayer sells customer-returned units. So customer buys it then returns it for whatever reason. Then it's re-sold as tested / working as "new" (or "new other" in eBay terms) as it still includes the packaging and accessories. It's just that it's been opened, that's all.

Sounds like it might be worth a shout. In February, the air conditioner I got was only £210, however I somehow managed to talk myself out of buying it! Typical, but glad I've got one now :)

Associate
I have big double doors out onto a flat roof in my bedroom, handy for kicking open during this weather... lowers the room temps a lot but also improves the chances of a stray bat or two coming in.. which has happened a couple of times.

Soldato
I opened up pretty much all of the windows etc earlier on including my patio double doors, but not much of a breeze today can't really feel the air moving through the house.

This is my thermostat upstairs today!

GrCZcz4.png

Back
Top Bottom