It's too hot :(

Caporegime
Around 80 people lost their lives in Greece because of the wildfires around Athens. Western Europe experiences terrible dry heatwave, while some countries to the East experience unseen floods and cool temperatures.
We are playing with the climate and if we aren't stopping soon, things may become catastrophic for all of us.
Get rid of fossil fuels..
Nothing to do with the fact that it was arson no?

Commissario
The sun and heat during the day doesn’t bother me at all. I’m still going out for my regular brisk walks and doing over ten miles/day. No problem.
It’s at nights I have trouble. Simply can’t sleep in this.

Soldato
Nobody knows what started it, i was 20 km's away from the village that was obliterated. Let me tell you all, i have never seen a fire spreading so fast in my life, i couldnt believe what i was seeing! The wind was so strong that it literally took the fire minutes to reach the seashore. From a puff of smoke to a huge black cloud covering the whole east seaside of Attica in no time witnesses reported. I cant imagine the horror of those 26 people found dead on a cliff, mothers burned alive with their kids in their hugs.

Associate
What you want is one of these;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Challeng...830208?hash=item3d6c879640:g:wQkAAOSwVlda7ttN

I've had mine since about 2013 and it's still going strong, you generally find that the prices for them go right down in the winter time, but will be a good investment for the next year, considering that we're likely to experience more of these heatwaves (apparently)

TY looks good.

Does it come with an attachment that one can insert between the open window and the window sill, with a section for the hose to go through?

For those with a lawn, try watering it for 15 minutes or so and then the temp should be quite a bit lower for an hour or so, giving you the chance to relax out there without frying.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Nobody knows what started it, i was 20 km's away from the village that was obliterated. Let me tell you all, i have never seen a fire spreading so fast in my life, i couldnt believe what i was seeing! The wind was so strong that it literally took the fire minutes to reach the seashore. From a puff of smoke to a huge black cloud covering the whole east seaside of Attica in no time witnesses reported. I cant imagine the horror of those 26 people found dead on a cliff, mothers burned alive with their kids in their hugs.

It is getting scary and evil :( Let's pray for the souls of the killed.
The prophesies are true - it is happening as in the movies - remember Doomsday 2012 where a giant storm with the size of North America swirls over the Atlantic and Europe...

Soldato
Bare in mind, a hose too long and the air con might stop working. I couldn't tell you how it works, but I got a 3 or 4m hose and the aircon wouldn't actually work now. Maybe the hot air was backing up along it?

Soldato
Bare in mind, a hose too long and the air con might stop working. I couldn't tell you how it works, but I got a 3 or 4m hose and the aircon wouldn't actually work now. Maybe the hot air was backing up along it?
The hoses are sized for the units, fitting a longer one will reduce efficiency and limit the effectiveness of the unit.

Soldato
Friday is going to be toasty

18673221-1bb7-42ff-bc39-ab3fd46552a5.png.38de97a0db1441ef6d68bab31a0f2f5a.png

Soldato
Have to have my windows and doors closed all day because I've had pest control around to sort out a wasp's nest. It's been horrendous inside today.

Felt sorry for the bloke who came to do it though, having to wear all that protective gear in this heat. Was chatting to him and the poor sod told me that tomorrow he's got to get fully kitted up and crawl around in a small attic space to get rid of a flea infestation, and the next day he's got the same thing but with another type of bug.

Back
Top Bottom