It's too hot :(

Man of Honour
@Rroff You’re a bit of a weather expert mate, any signs that we could get a bit more high twenties and sun or do you think it’s all downhill from here?

LOL I know enough to be dangerous nothing more heh.

GEFS output (which is a very basic way to look at the medium term) is pretty dismal overall - 1-2 days might be nice but looks like more normal for the UK for most of the rest:

WMwkjCb.png

Though the actuality so far has been slightly below the GEFS predictions.

Most of the models seem to have a teaser for high pressure pushing over the UK early September allowing warmth in from the south so might be nice for a week or so in September but too far off to be sure yet.

Caporegime
LOL I know enough to be dangerous nothing more heh.

GEFS output (which is a very basic way to look at the medium term) is pretty dismal overall - 1-2 days might be nice but looks like more normal for the UK for most of the rest:

WMwkjCb.png

Though the actuality so far has been slightly below the GEFS predictions.

Most of the models seem to have a teaser for high pressure pushing over the UK early September allowing warmth in from the south so might be nice for a week or so in September but too far off to be sure yet.
Thanks. Fingers crossed for a decent start to September then.

Soldato
It's still 23 degrees here.

We still need some rain. It's still just endless sunshine.

Still, at least I'm comfortable now in shorts and t-shirt. Rather than sweating my newts off every minute of the day.

Well its still warm but its barely stopped raining here. Not that I'm complaining the only thing growing where the grass used to be is weeds the rest is brown bread. I'm heading in to the west country in the next few days so it that continues for the rest of the week that'll do nicely, ta.

Soldato
It's still 23 degrees here.

We still need some rain. It's still just endless sunshine.

Still, at least I'm comfortable now in shorts and t-shirt. Rather than sweating my newts off every minute of the day.
had our fair share of rain in north Cornwall garden is very lush tbh .there was no way my lawn was going to be allowed to die in heatwave especially as sw water had no issues with hose pipes and i can see how full colliford lake was !

Caporegime
had our fair share of rain in north Cornwall garden is very lush tbh .there was no way my lawn was going to be allowed to die in heatwave especially as sw water had no issues with hose pipes and i can see how full colliford lake was !
I think we had a bit more rain overnight; the pavement outside the back door is wet.

The biggest problem is that the ground is only superficially wet; there hasn't been enough rain to soak the ground properly. Dig down more than a couple inches (I'm gardening all this week), and the soil is literally dust. So whilst the top looks wet/damp, there are still deep cracks throughout the place.

It's the driest I've ever seen in decades.

Right now I'll take all the rain I can get - the more the merrier :)

Associate
There seems to be another wave of heat coming in but it's grey and overcast so it's pure humidity. It's been quite pleasant at night but last night was horrible again; no breeze and oppressive humidity :(

I wish I lived in Alasaka.

Man of Honour
There seems to be another wave of heat coming in but it's grey and overcast so it's pure humidity. It's been quite pleasant at night but last night was horrible again; no breeze and oppressive humidity :(

I wish I lived in Alasaka.

Yeah it is just starting to get really nasty here - for some reason seems to be getting worse as the evening draws in - wasn't too bad mid-day.

Soldato
this is yesterday through window but garden hasnt dried out for quite a while now ,that palm tree was had by the frost not sure if it will come back 21 c in house and 76 humidity

34iij2h.jpg

Back
Top Bottom