It's too hot :(

Associate
Heating on. Can't say I've ever had to do this before in August. :(

What is the lowest daytime temperature during August? Surely today must be getting close to a record with it only being 11c.

Soldato
20 degrees in my house according to Hive and my heating hasn't been on in months. I'm currently away relaxing on the beach in 40 degrees :) If its getting cold back in the UK now then I might say here for that bit longer.

Man of Honour
Models are pretty mixed at the moment - still some hints of some warmer spells in September.

If current conditions were any indicator then once the summer heat has gone we could be in for a cold one this winter.

Soldato
I'm honestly missing it, had to use a duvet for the last couple of nights and I'd rather it was warmer. Sure it got very warm at the peak of summer but it was glorious.

Trying hard not to complain to much though as we've had a cracking summer.

Caporegime
Gardened in the rain today. It was glorious. Wet and muddy and wonderful.

Need more of it, tho. Digging the borders you soon realise that only the top inch or so is moist; bone dry dust/powder under that.

Still >20 degrees all day here on the coast.

Soldato
People have got heating on? The UK population seems wimpish.

I would understand if its under 10C, but my room temp is 24.3C without heating and its 21C outside.

I wore my tshirt today outside and it was pleasant.

No wonder UK are the number one holiday makers in very hot locations worldwide, it seems our people thrive in temperatures that doctors have said are unhealthy for humans and enjoy been sweaty.

Soldato

I would understand if its under 10C, but my room temp is 24.3C without heating and its 21C outside.

No wonder UK are the number one holiday makers in very hot locations worldwide, it seems our people thrive in temperatures that doctors have said are unhealthy for humans and enjoy been sweaty.

The temperature varies massively depending on where you are in the UK, last week it was 3c in the morning and 6c yesterday morning in central Scotland further up north it was -1c

Soldato
yeah add your location to your profile :)

But I always prefer been too cold to been too hot.

If you too cold just wear more layers, sleep under duvet etc.

If you too hot you pretty much screwed without expensive a/c.

Soldato

I'm up in N/W Wales and was talking to a lady a couple of days ago who was up here on holiday from London. She was a pleasant lady, in her 50's I'd say, but I had to hide my surprise when we got onto the subject of the recent change in the weather and she said it's the first time she'd been sleeping with a hot water bottle since last winter. :eek:

Caporegime

And it was under 10 degrees throughout large parts of the UK. When I rode to work on a couple of mornings last week it was below 10 even here in England nevermind Scotland or some of the Isles.

Soldato
Been really clammy again today showing 22 in my car coming home. Just as I thought we were going into some nice cool temperatures leading into my favourite seasons autumn/winter and it goes warm again the last 2 days.

Soldato
Aye lovely day today. T-shirt and shorts weather. Looks to be hotting up again just as the kids are going back to school lol. The difference in parts of the country is marked was in the west country last week and was shocked as it was damp cloudy and seemed to on the verge of raining almost every day. Had to put the trousers on and even a coat! :eek:

Back in the SE all that was put away again. Been a bit chllly at nights though had to shut the windows!

Back
Top Bottom