1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's too hot :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Upgrade, 24 May 2012.

1. Lysander

Capodecina

It is, it's amazing :D

I see the Evening Standard is reporting a September "blast of summer" coming soon in spite of the fact that it's being forecast nowhere at all. Typical clickbait article.

Oh, and the Daily Express is predicting temperatures of 31C :cry:

Last edited: 31 Aug 2021
  2. jaybee

Soldato

This has honestly been the worst summer I can remember for some time, in terms of hot sunny days. I might look up some statistics to make myself feel better that I'm not just imagining it. Last summer during COVID was obviously one of the better ones so it makes this one feel extra bad.

EDIT: The Sun reckon the worst in 10 years. Yeah that'll do. Case closed.

3. andy_mk3

Capodecina

It's currently 18/19c here and overcast, it's absolutely perfect for being out walking it's really nice.

4. 413x

Capodecina

Yeah same. Last year makes it feel all the more ****.
    Heating has come on a few times this month. If this is the new norm I'm emigrating. Because its absolutely garbage. Probably just a bad year. Here's hoping.

Just feels a bit of a waste of time to live somewhere 2 or 3 weeks out of 52 is the weather you like.

5. jpaul

Capodecina

new to my vocabulary - from r4 today we are currently suffering from

Boris said brexit would fix that.

6. TonyTurbo78

Capodecina

Delightful temperature, its been the perfect summer, garden needs a bit more rain though, been dry for a few weeks now.

Seeing the next 14 day forecast makes me giddy with excitement, 17c to 20c all the way. Lots of good night sleeps, no hay-fever, no unbearable temps when pc is on, no need for fans and AC units in the house either so lower leccy bills.

7. bliss

Wise Guy

And summer 2021 closes out in a cool, grey whimper. Not unlike the rest of summer really outside of the couple of heatwave weeks.

I'll definitely be getting a vitamin d test some time in the next few months. I've been borderline deficient before and that was during times where the UK had actual summer weather. And on that note, I wonder what these kinds of summers will do to aggravate covid?

8. 200sols

Sgarrista

22c and sunny here.

9. Stu999

Wise Guy

Up here in the North, prior to the last week and a half, there has been 6-8 weeks of pretty much unbroken sunshine, hardly any rain and not many days below 20c. That seems a good summer to me (for people that like that)?

I did see upthread that map that showed a different picture for other parts of the country.

10. Yaayuh!

Capodecina

I’m getting forecasts for 27c on Tuesday and 28c on Wednesday.
    Summer’s last hurrah?

11. azazl187

Mobster

I hope not. That sounds way too hot! We could really do with some rain, it's not rained for a prelonged period of time for ages.

12. bliss

Wise Guy

Hopefully it's the 2nd or even 3rd to last hurrah. Summer owes us this year and there's still plenty of time to do it in. :p

13. moon man

Mobster

Im not one to location brag but lovely today mild brisk wind. warm not hot. looking like a few warm to hot days then rain for rest of week
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Sep 2021
  14. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Well, it’s rather warm here again, just in time to go back to work.

15. andy_mk3

Capodecina

I was thinking that myself, just had a week on holiday with temps of 17-20c and it's going back to 28c just in time for work!

16. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

I envy anyone who doesn’t have to wear a suit for their job! We just had newly refurbished rooms too, but of course they couldn’t stretch to air con :( (there’s no shortage of money to do it)

17. throwaway4372

Gangster

ugh ded again :(

18. Rimsy

Soldato

Or tell the truth it seems :D

19. andy_mk3

Capodecina

I have to wear overalls in a workshop which resembles a greenhouse lol.

20. Blackjack Davy

Soldato

Haha I'm off this coming week. Bit of a scorcher here today 27c at least it was 25 at 6pm and it looks set to continue to wednesday at least. Pity I'm going to be in the west country where its cooler then, at least it should be dry for getting out and about could deffo due with with rain though everythings gasping been carryng buckets of water around watering all the pots etc managed to emtpy two water butts