1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's too hot :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Upgrade, 24 May 2012.

1. moon man

Mobster

September is awesme, potentially stromg sun but also swell season after a very flat August, also tourists with kids have loaded their roofboxes up and gone back to their dreary lives, just newly weds and nearly deads now

2. Converge

Mobster

Fingers crossed this is the case…
    I’ll enjoy being able to walk places, and do things without sweating and being able to sleep at night comfortably.

Spring/autumn with clear skies and sun at about 15-17c is perfect :)

3. V F

Capodecina

This being some of the same people in their cars both wearing masks looking in the same direction at a junction creeping me out?

Except for the wasps.

4. cheesefest

Hitman

What's the mask wearing in cars all about, bar from taxis and driving schools cars?

5. mrbazmondo

Wise Guy

I did during the lockdowns because I couldn't be bothered to take it off and put it on again between places, plus air-con so its not hot.

6. Maccapacca

Don

Dog whistle ?

7. arknor

Caporegime

I came home to all the windows closed, 30c on my thermometer :O one of my pepper plants dropped half it leaves cos it rain out of water lol
    I see people leave their house with a mask on and then walk to their car and drive off with a mask on.

the paranoia is real

8. V F

Capodecina

Seeing some husband and wife in a car wearing blue masks looking in the same direction trying to get out of a junction is downright creepy.

I've nothing against masks but come on. You're from the same house. If I'm out and about with nobody around I pull the mask down. Slide it back up where people are close by. Let alone a hot day.

Or worse, some guy in a car on his own driving with the blue masks on.

9. VaderDSL

Capodecina

To be honest, I've been wearing them for so long now I often forget I am wearing it, today I left the Dentist, walked 10 minutes, got in the car and realised still had it on.

10. cheesefest

Hitman

Saw a man this morning wearing a mask and was driving a convertible with roof down. Guessing he’s mid 60s. Why? Fresh air is good for you. Even a guy of a similar age was walking on the other side of the main road to me, was shaking his head and said “what’s the point?”

11. Rroff

Man of Honour

Sadly seems far more people don't than do have a clue how to use masks effectively against a disease like this - probably a good part of the reason we end up resorting to lockdowns rather than a more complex approach to keeping spread in check with less restrictions.

12. cheesefest

Hitman

Its windy here and had to reduce opening of windows.

Got thunder and rain tomorrow.

13. robj20

Capodecina

29c in the bedroom. Not looking forward to sleeping.

14. UTmaniac

Soldato

Really hot and humid earlier, worst it's felt of past three days, now cooling and drizzle.

The heat is gone, rejoice!

15. Rroff

Man of Honour

Kind of mixed here a touch muggy but kind of lukewarm feeling.

16. Minusorange

Sgarrista

Wow it's hot today

17. chrcoluk

Sgarrista

18. Stu999

Wise Guy

Woop woop. Still muggy here but promised rain and thunderstorms tomorrow.

19. Enkore

Gangster

UK is one of worst places to be when its hot. The total lack of care for the AC is just astounding even when its readily available like in stores or in cabs. People just refuse to use it for some unknown to me reason. The whole attitude that public transportation does not need AC is just nuts to me. Those double deckers in heat of summer are equivalent of a sauna. The schools etc are just beyond me how can they not have Ac's when students are expected to be in class throughout majority of summer.

My final straw was when I got into black cab in London and it was over 30c outside, the dude just rolled down the windows and we were sitting in stand-still traffic. Like I just don't get it.

Even places like Harrods, very lightly AC their building like its fine but hardly pleasant after you've been outside in 30+ for hour. If you were in anything less than shorts and light shirt you'd be sweating. So you're looking at these workers in their suits dripping down sweat trying to wipe it off.

I lived in Texas, its stupidly hot in summer. However, everyone chills whatever the place is to autumn like temperatures. I agree that its not good for environment but I can't imagine working in an office or taking public transport to one in fully decked suit in these temperatures and then sitting in a sauna at office. I mean who can work like this and be productive.

20. nine_tails

Hitman

Crap, put in laundry and the sun has gone.. 21 deg still , tempted to cheat fate and hang the clothes under clouded conditions