It's too hot :(

Caporegime
Am absolutely glorious day here on the river.

Day off work.
Been kayaking with the gf for 5 hours 11 till 4pm
Pizza,
Watching stargate to finish in naturally warm house.

Doesn't get better than this in April!
28 degrees here

I wish England was warmer!

Associate
Have you mistaken it for English weather? :p

It seems more like spring and autumn last about four days each and winter can pay a visit any time it likes. Mid May to the end of September seem to be consistently sunny and warm from my (albeit limited) experience. Colder winters, but much nicer summers than the UK*.

Until it randomly decides to snow in July for a couple of days...!:D

*in the prairies at least.

It didn't snow today. :D

Although the smowpile in the front garden is still a couple of feet deep.

Soldato
Lol our air conditioning is broken and they aren't bothering to fix it as we move in 4 weeks, the windows are fixed so it was 34 degrees in the office yesterday hahahaha

Soldato
Lol our air conditioning is broken and they aren't bothering to fix it as we move in 4 weeks, the windows are fixed so it was 34 degrees in the office yesterday hahahaha
Jesus. Isnt there some law that if its aboce a certain temp in the workplace you can call it a day or is that an urban myth?

Edit: Nvm its a myth but some unions advise over 30 is unreasonable

Associate
just been for a leisurely stroll lovely weather here perfect beer garden weather in fact! but must resist work to do. first wasp of the year found buzzing around the flat it must be summer then :p

Man of Honour

One of the buildings I work in regularly - we always get complaints about the heat in the summer and it gets ridiculously hot as it has a large, south facing, white roof and seemingly no AC - when asking about AC we were told the company doesn't have the money to install let alone run any AC - then I found out last summer that we've not only got external fully functional AC units (as pointed out by a new starter) but they are infact running flat out. Externally they appear to be piped into the building but I can't find anywhere they connect to inside and it seems we've been paying a maintenance contract for over 10 years + gassing on it :s (maybe there is an underground bunker I don't know about LOL).

Never did get to the bottom of it - just hit a stonewall talking to anyone higher up.

Soldato
One of the buildings I work in regularly - we always get complaints about the heat in the summer and it gets ridiculously hot as it has a large, south facing, white roof and seemingly no AC - when asking about AC we were told the company doesn't have the money to install let alone run any AC - then I found out last summer that we've not only got external fully functional AC units (as pointed out by a new starter) but they are infact running flat out. Externally they appear to be piped into the building but I can't find anywhere they connect to inside and it seems we've been paying a maintenance contract for over 10 years + gassing on it :s (maybe there is an underground bunker I don't know about LOL).

Never did get to the bottom of it - just hit a stonewall talking to anyone higher up.

Probably chilling the outside

Soldato
It got so hot in my house last year I actually looked at getting proper aircon installed in the bedrooms.

Then I saw the cost of it :p (about £1200 per room!). Too much for a couple of weeks a year.

Back
Top Bottom