It's too hot :(

Caporegime
Went for a kayak with some randoms on Wednesday in Cardiff Bay, even at 9pm it was so warm. Going to beach on Sunday.

Summer has finally arrived and I love it. I'm so so much happier in summer. So much to do, people seem generally happier.

I don't care its 25c indoors upstairs. I don't care the bedroom is 23c at night.

Gf is struggling to sleep in heat but it's fine for me. She gets jealous of that. Am thankful that South facing bedroom window is shaded by an oak tree though!

Picture is at sunset a week or so ago.. When summer finally begun.
GVKQbpt.jpg

Capodecina
Soldato
Went for a kayak with some randoms on Wednesday in Cardiff Bay, even at 9pm it was so warm. Going to beach on Sunday.

Summer has finally arrived and I love it. I'm so so much happier in summer. So much to do, people seem generally happier.

I don't care its 25c indoors upstairs. I don't care the bedroom is 23c at night.

Gf is struggling to sleep in heat but it's fine for me. She gets jealous of that. Am thankful that South facing bedroom window is shaded by an oak tree though!

Picture is at sunset a week or so ago.. When summer finally begun

This is kind of a cute post. I don't relate to it, but I'm glad you like it.

Caporegime
This is kind of a cute post. I don't relate to it, but I'm glad you like it.

I do feel for people who hate the sun. I have a friend who's basically screwed in sun. Even with sun cream. Because you can't escape the heat. You can the cold.

I actually don't mind it colder.as I prefer it for mountain biking. But dry is key. Outdoors stuff is so much nicer when it's dry. Boarding isn't so bad when it's wet. Just not as fun when it's cold. Why I've fallen in love with Wales. Long as it isn't wet and cold something outdoorsy to do.

Unfortunately winters here can be very wet and cold! :D

Capodecina
Soldato
I do feel for people who hate the sun. I have a friend who's basically screwed in sun. Even with sun cream. Because you can't escape the heat. You can the cold.

The funny thing is, I don't hate the sun as such, so I'm not as extreme as your friend. The issue I have to too much sun, heat and the boisterous way that some people act in the heat and the lighter evenings. A sunny, cold winter's day is absolutely fine by me. My primary issue is sound and agitation, and how the summer encourages it.

It looks like two very hot days this weekend, so I'm dreading the noise levels. But back to mid/early 20s from Monday so I'm not that bothered.

Caporegime
The funny thing is, I don't hate the sun as such, so I'm not as extreme as your friend. The issue I have to too much sun, heat and the boisterous way that some people act in the heat and the lighter evenings. A sunny, cold winter's day is absolutely fine by me. My primary issue is sound and agitation, and how the summer encourages it.

It looks like two very hot days this weekend, so I'm dreading the noise levels. But back to mid/early 20s from Monday so I'm not that bothered.

Yeah I get that.
Things I don't like.
Crowded beached, loutish behaviour, screaming kids.

Luckily here beaches are never crowded like Brighton (I dunno why people go there when it's crowded looks like hell), I guess more beaches and less population.
And I know not everyone can escape it Especially if you live in a city.

28-30c at a weekend is fine. Wouldn't want it relentlessly like that. But it's nice for a time.

If I could pick the ideal climate it would be.
Generally a bit warmer than the UK all year round.
Drier than the UK.. Especially in autumn/winter. The winters in Lincolnshire were better than here for weather.

Capodecina
Soldato
Yeah I get that.
Things I don't like.
Crowded beached, loutish behaviour, screaming kids.

Luckily here beaches are never crowded like Brighton (I dunno why people go there when it's crowded looks like hell), I guess more beaches and less population.
And I know not everyone can escape it Especially if you live in a city.

Agreed on all points. Especially Brighton. I don't know why anyone goes there, it's a total ****hole, its only redeeming feature being that it has trains that lead away from it.

Man of Honour
Any one up to BBQ at weekend? :D

Doubt it, unless my neighbour invites us over, the cover on the BBQ which stands on the rear garden patio had developed a couple of holes, so the whack job redhead threw the cover away.
I then had to manoeuvre the BBQ up and over a step, into the ground floor bedroom, twist it around the bed, into the hallway, thence into the integral garage, fortunately BBQ has a set of wheels, but cba to do that in reverse.
As for the weather, my weather app says 20c in Rotherhithe now, with a max of 26c today, but being a cold soul who also takes a blood thinner daily, I have a long sleeved shirt on, over a T shirt, bearing the French tricoleur, with Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité under the flag, Vive La France!
ETA, I wanted to buy a new cover for the BBQ, but nutty Red wanted a couple of bird baths placed where the BBQ had once stood.

Last edited:
Soldato

Its sunny here but not hot, not yet its forecast to hit 30c by sunday but its hard to believe at the moment it was only 16c yesterday evening.

I actually don't mind it colder.as I prefer it for mountain biking. But dry is key. Outdoors stuff is so much nicer when it's dry. Boarding isn't so bad when it's wet. Just not as fun when it's cold. Why I've fallen in love with Wales. Long as it isn't wet and cold something outdoorsy to do.

Unfortunately winters here can be very wet and cold! :D

Sun != heat. I like sunshine, I don't like extreme heat.

Caporegime
It was as high as 29c earlier apparently, I went on my balcony wearing just socks and almost burnt my feet on the tiles :O

I'm hungry but I don't want to cook just because of the extra heat it would add, got nothing I can eat cold either :S

Associate

GVKQbpt.jpg
Stunning !!!

Back
Top Bottom