It's too hot :(

Soldato
You can't be far from me (I'm near Brockworth). Last night was awful for sleep, it was so hot and muggy. Hopefully back to normal this week.
Yep, I'm only in Churchdown.. practically neighbours!

One of the guys lives a bit further in to Churchdown said he has never had a night like it and had bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep.

I brought in about 12 bottles of water and they've all gone.. people really seem to have struggled.. considering it was hotter the other week it shows that humidity and over night temps play a big factor in how people deal with it!

Man of Honour
I wont be. Last month has been hell pretty much. No rain, insane temperatures its just horrible.

It was very hot for 2 days (even for me), but the rest of the time (other than the drought) the weather has been summer weather!

Moving forwards mid to high 20s with rain in the evenings or a bit of rain from time to time would be absolutely wonderful. However, building up resilience for warmer weather would be better.

Caporegime
I actually found this spell a little harder to sleep than last.

Once it hits 28c in room I'm sleeping that's when I have difficulty.
25-26 no issue!

Man of Honour
I actually found this spell a little harder to sleep than last.

Once it hits 28c in room I'm sleeping that's when I have difficulty.
25-26 no issue!

Funny how just a couple of degrees make such a massive difference. Can't remember if celsius is logarithmic or not, but I seem remember that just a couple of degrees is quite significant.

Associate
Each to their own, strange how some people love it and some hate it, I'm very much hate heat like last week camp, not just because you can't do things you love cause it's just too hot and have zero energy to do them. But it means global warming is going much worse and faster than feared, probably gone too far now to ever save, what's the good thing about it, just means the world is coming to end if we carry on polluting it. Sure it might mean for those that love hot weather in Spain we now get their weather temps but fact is we shouldn't be getting them, not trying to preach but just see no positives in the whole global warming catastrophe, just the future getting more uninhabitable for lots of parts of the planet directly harm animals, destroy the places they live, and wreak havoc on people's livelihoods and communities.

Man of Honour
Celcius is linear from absolute zero

Ah I thought i was Kelvin that was linear. :) Every day is a school day, ta :)

Each to their own, strange how some people love it and some hate it, I'm very much hate heat like last week camp, not just because you can't do things you love cause it's just too hot and have zero energy to do them. But it means global warming is going much worse and faster than feared, probably gone too far now to ever save, what's the good thing about it, just means the world is coming to end if we carry on polluting it. Sure it might mean for those that love hot weather in Spain we now get their weather temps but fact is we shouldn't be getting them, not trying to preach but just see no positives in the whole global warming catastrophe, just the future getting more uninhabitable for lots of parts of the planet directly harm animals, destroy the places they live, and wreak havoc on people's livelihoods and communities.

It's funny because I'm the opposite, I find it much more energising in warm temperature, as I tend to be in a better mood.

As for global warming, man has accelerated it no doubt, but it's also been recorded as a cyclical thing for many many ages over our history. Heck, even the poles will reverse in magnetism at some point. that said, we should be doing our utmost to not take the environment for granted. We cocked up with CFCs and so on, but even the ozone layer is a seasonal thing... again, does this mean we should be frivolous with things? Of course not.

However the world will get hotter for a while, at least for several generations, so we either need to embrace it and crack on or just hide from life.

The world will survive - even if all humans perish, the world, earth and its ecosystem will bounce back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom