ITX To ATX: Raijintek PAN Slim *dual loop complete

Soldato
Good evening folks !

I was lucky enough to be granted Raijintek's new Pan Slim ITX case ... Actually I begged as I've been working at home. A home that's 2 bedrooms with 3 kids and a wife that went to town at IKEA on the living room during lockdown , so needed to up my work spaces quality of life .

https://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=146

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxfTwV3zrNXwnZQoVb-fnew

Caught the case on the Pre-order on here and thought that it could house my mad ATX build in Silverstone's RVZ03 ITX better, with more class, refinement, quality and not be a pizza oven !

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £784.94 (includes shipping: £25.14)

So the idea was pitched to them that I could house an ATX board in their ITX case, along with possible ATX PSU and higher spec watercooling that's listed on their site .
Also, since I'd be able to get the case sooner, help potential users show the potential of the cases water cooling abilities ! Yes a 560 rad can actually fit in there , but more easily a slim 480 or 240/60 + 360 slim combo . Honestly the case is limitless .

Hopefully mod comes out more polished then the RVZ03, which involved a lot of cutting and ghetto modding . Also Raijintek will be enlightened to slightly retool the case to allow ATX to be dropped in , ATX to be used as an Option and greater emphasis on the cases water cooling abilities in ITX format !

Yes, it holds 10kg worth if weight, and the dimensions match that of a 27" screen
View attachment Mhop50F.jpg
Was built to match hemnes/Nesta !
View attachment K85GGuL.jpg
Legs can be changed ! And the wife's mini Mac is hidden from my view
View attachment W6TmMsu.jpg
Quality feel personally is above Dynamic I've got in the shed and equal to my TJ07 from many years ago ! Paint work is finished well
View attachment JyuekZy.jpg
Can't help but feel how cool would a glass front be...
View attachment Xd3CQAQ.jpg
Standard front ports
View attachment 5pmuU4A.jpg
Grills where it counts ! Above GPU and AIO area, metal mesh above
View attachment J0lGo1s.jpg
Can't help but feel would love to see bent wood panels being offered !
View attachment WPdjNMM.jpg
Lots of vents underneath, case should be ran in positive config with cold in at the bottom and warm out the top ! Negative, no filters as the bitten but easy solution...
View attachment LgSvoxR.jpg
Top mesh I mentioned View attachment MPPWvuQ.jpg
Nice back end , wide !
View attachment YMU8Kln.jpg
Now to me, 4th PCI slot could and should have been added . You'll see spacing later on
View attachment 2KvuGsk.jpg
Top panel help by 4 screws , sunken in View attachment UCoVc8R.jpg
SFX/L can be mounted heads or tails and sits above the bottom of the chassis by 10mm odd, no filter View attachment lyveZfU.jpg

Hello View attachment 5OCsuaP.jpg
As mentioned it can take 10KG, via 3 struts on the chassis with two braces of the bent 3mm thick aluminium top shell View attachment 9f46DVr.jpg
Minds shooting off but needs to open with hydraulic hinges
View attachment 7L8ZTAQ.jpg
So much space... That will be filled with ATX !
View attachment 1oxvXcq.jpg
Again run positive pressure and lots of vents
View attachment I1ZPcxR.jpg
Black chassis , top and bottom shell is bolted via the side, 3 braces bolted to the top of the chassis View attachment XKPWyYV.jpg
340mm max GPU, support holder
View attachment V0F26Rv.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
On to ATX placement, seeing GPU distances, AIO install and other ideas

According to Raijintek's page, max AIO config is 240/27mm thick rad with 25mm fans ...
View attachment yTdHPG8.jpg
I'm getting 85mm worth of height here
View attachment 6UOj3XZ.jpg
Alphacools fancy clad 54mm tall rad with 25mm fans ...
View attachment rkcQxl2.jpg
54mm + 25mm + 4-5mm odd space left
View attachment lW5t5Z1.jpg
I think 60mm + standard fans is a good to go ! 90degree compression fittings would be needed as has extra 10mm clearance to the top of the roof

I'm guessing they are taking extremes with AIO tubing not being so flexible .....

After wanting an ITX case with ATX board within ... I got the modding bug with the RVZ03 but knew that would take work... The PAN slim.. it's a crime it doesn't accept as default since it just slots in and works !
View attachment auFDDb0.jpg
Slapped in a dual slot GPU (my own is currently a triple slot ) and it looks like a Triple slot GPU would just fit in and not touch the PCI slot
View attachment RGTYC5J.jpg

Soldato
OP
Following the above, I managed to get some measurements for those looking to use the case with the possibility of watercooling the GPU/dual radiator without modding .

View attachment hjmW4hh.jpg
Good gap between backplate of the GPU and roof of the chassis vent , 20mm odd View attachment xDHqfBL.jpg
Using a dual slot GPU as reference , you've got 40mm clearance
View attachment jm8n7Yh.jpg
With 25mm fan on top , radiator being used as placement is EKWB SE 240/27mm
View attachment WiMGtF9.jpg

Personal opinion is to use XSPC TX 20.5mm rad with Alphacools server low Profile rotary compression fittings

Soldato
OP
Width the dimensions of the case, technically you can get away with ATX PSU inside, ideally a small 140 rather then the 185mm BeQuiet units I've tested with .

Reference cards that have a standard PCI width would work nicely with the larger PSU

How tight ?
View attachment L6GqA9u.jpg
This tight
View attachment RoDjbSf.jpg
Hugs the curve as well as the rivet used so why it's not flush
View attachment G8eEIp0.jpg
Lays within the land
View attachment hMyLJSV.jpg
Would require 4 new holes for.mountinf and cut out for the Kettle lead.
View attachment h1wE68Z.jpg
Or I could use this to offset back into the case a little
View attachment N17PGLM.jpg
120mm could be used with a smaller unit
View attachment 1Qem2Lv.jpg

Also swapped in the Aorus 2080 Xtreme
L=290 W=134.31 H=59.9 mm
To see if it would clash with the PCI slots along with what kind of airflow the card would get ...
And then mounted the full fat PSU next to a wider card , GTX 1660 was current place holder
L=280 W=116 H=40 mm
, so almost a good 20mm different in width

Looking sharp pR9oBb1.jpg
Does look tight
Fu0sVhv.jpg
Yep, but no clashes
ALViB2O.jpg
3080/90 Aorus Quad slot GPU should work or triple slot + 15mm fan
BgWD4jO.jpg
GPU support is solid ! Can see roughly 50mm left of space
e50oysh.jpg
Think I'll cut 4th bracket hole and move the card one up
axcCBSB.jpg
Soo.. will fat PSU work
BrCWKHY.jpg
Yes !
7yLHrB0.jpg
JkAw1UX.jpg

5QNI6V5.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Afternoon .

Managed to shoe horn the system together today. Had to take out SFX due to cables not being long enough (extension ordered ) and using the huge BeQuiet PSU !

Just before hand I managed to place the 2 slot GPU over the current low profile AIO (20mm rad + 15mm fan) at roughly the highest PCI mounting point. Should show that a Waterblocks GPU would work with either a 20mm Rad with 25mm or 27/30mm rad with 15mm fan .

Lined up BR6xNuk.jpg
TWRs44N.jpg
GOBdXaR.jpg

So hears the system currently

QPiOpez.jpg
d0iMTIH.jpg

Alphacool is kindly sending some goodies to watercool this beast ! New CPU block, GPU block as well as 60mm thick 240 and small pump unit ! Time being I'll use the server fittings But I do have hard tubing & fittings to use :)

The GPU as sitting cooler then when In the RVZ03 , along with CPU ! System would hard shut down due to Something overheating .

Running positive pressure is a must in this case ! Will stop dust being pulled in from the side, and GPU /CPU heat gets pushed out nicely out the top/sides s2EgVGS.jpg

And again thanks to Raijintek !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxfTwV3zrNXwnZQoVb-fnew

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Still awaiting the water hear but swapped around the rads just to see perform of extra slim rad/fan Vs big and standard ... 2700 running at 4Ghz with 1.4v the temps dropped from 80c to 65c which was nice !

View attachment kychouZ.jpg
View attachment ZL3rjAJ.jpg
View attachment 0jQ3Yh9.jpg
Really looking forward to getting the UT60 in there ! Should allow slower rpm and better performance then the Clad 45mm core in their currently
View attachment bXp23Qf.jpg
Will say that after these shots, extension came in for the SFX so that's gone back in. Unfortunately ATX PSU will not work with the Aorus dressed in a waterblock
View attachment edz7akL.jpg
Also swapped to Silent wing fans after this as the kids have me a 5 min breathing space
View attachment JU7pIdM.jpg
View attachment KblnZSg.jpg
View attachment kWuFh6B.jpg
View attachment eA078aT.jpg

Picturing this in red for some reason...:)
View attachment rxY5utb.jpg

Did uncover that RGB actually looks lovely shining out of the case into other surfaces

Soldato
OP
So, whilst kids were eating their breakfast I started to rip and swap the stock Aorus cooler for Alphacools block (keeping stock backplate )

And it works ! But damn !!!

kg2IBpz.jpg

ZVUDc9j.jpg
aLVfaS4.jpg
119RdWF.jpg
AfGnioP.jpg
NG8B73e.jpg
PJkFKvI.jpg
njG3SR3.jpg

End result of a quick test fit
j6S908X.jpg
Low profile server fittings are a must
IwfX5b0.jpg
oxWzBTd.jpg
Need to sort out the support brace and flip it 180
3JgNI4s.jpg

Take 40mm spacing , as all blocks are did but Alphacool is one of the thickest . That's XSPC TX 20mm rad + 15mm fan for a dual loop 240 set up with an ITX board
JF1HE1p.jpg
t8PxbgU.jpg
W89lVPM.jpg

Soldato
OP
So , not just the GPU width that's too get but the pump unit that will power the GPU/combi loop at a later point

otyQI3W.jpg
About 10mm clearance from the top panel I think !
And also the width , should just be able to squeeze between the mobo and side of the chassis !

4twBQzR.jpg
24pin might be the issue
Below picture. SSD cage to the left is 70mm wide , Eisstation is 82mm

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Dual loop complete !!

jaGTQL0.jpg
GrHQMhf.jpg
Gutted no UT60 but will have to see
8m2Gews.jpg

EkuGGxc.jpg
20bbTrB.jpg

Underneath , again can get XSPC 20.5mm rad and 15mm fans with Alphacool server fittings just fine !
baIz9CI.jpg

5yr old son helped with the leak testing , making sure plenty of static charge was on hand ...
KCAWkeg.jpg

Let is glow
IKSAIod.jpg
xjTOFes.jpg
LhZpR4M.jpg
8zC0C6Q.jpg

Temp and speed wish . Running bench was 85-90c with boost holding 1850 now it's 1950+ and 55-60c ...

And SILENCE !!!
98Yx5nQ.jpg

Soldato
OP
Man.. need to get some custom cables !
Starting to think I should be able to get away with only using on cable to the GPU instead of two ...

Thinking I could run 24pin and 8pin under the motherboard . Should hide some of the mess.
90 degree for USB 3.0 finally turned up so that's more cables in the top right that can be out into play

LUIkDbq.jpg

Now, few choices for rads. Currently GPU is 120/30mm but will be be in combined loop .
I have Noctua on board so was think NF-A12x25 &15s
  1. XT45 + Push/Pull NF-A12x15 (45+15+15= 75mm)
  2. XT45 + Push or Pull A12x25 (45+25=70mm)
  3. UT60 + Push or Pull A12x25 (60+25=85mm Max tolerance)
120 rad position isn't under vent area so air has to be forced out the case with positive pressure, unlike CPU loop which exhausts directly to a top panel vent .

Mind.. the vents are covered is the most restrictive mesh !

View attachment MPPWvuQ.jpg

Plan will be to get the heat gun out and remove and do a demciflex filter ! Top and bottom panels are Aluminium

Associate
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am considering one of these cases for a full custom loop living room VR setup. I cannot find proper case measurements anywhere online to help with planning the part list, so just wondering if either the OP is around or any other owners out there that can offer some insights.

Initial thoughts are to use a DDC pump/top that I own (spare), with a CPU block I own (also spare), an RTX 3080 or Ti (I own a 3080 that is in a water block that I may move to this system and then put a 3060 Ti in my current PC), and at least 2 big radiators internally, but ideally as much rad space as I can physically fit. Reservoir will either be a tiny flow meter repurposed, or I will buy one that fits the case.

Lastly, looking at the photos it appears that there may even be room to fit a watercooled GPU directly above the motherboard by cutting new PCI slots into the case. I think that would require a side entry/exit CPU pump (Alphacool make one), and likely low profile and downward adapters for the GPU, or a rear entry/exit G1/4 water block. If this worked, you could then install a 280mm thick radiator where the GPU is meant to go, and another thick 240mm radiator in the normal position. That would provide huge cooling potential.

Last edited:
Associate
On to ATX placement, seeing GPU distances, AIO install and other ideas

According to Raijintek's page, max AIO config is 240/27mm thick rad with 25mm fans ...
View attachment yTdHPG8.jpg
I'm getting 85mm worth of height here
View attachment 6UOj3XZ.jpg
Alphacools fancy clad 54mm tall rad with 25mm fans ...
View attachment rkcQxl2.jpg
54mm + 25mm + 4-5mm odd space left
View attachment lW5t5Z1.jpg
I think 60mm + standard fans is a good to go ! 90degree compression fittings would be needed as has extra 10mm clearance to the top of the roof

I'm guessing they are taking extremes with AIO tubing not being so flexible .....

After wanting an ITX case with ATX board within ... I got the modding bug with the RVZ03 but knew that would take work... The PAN slim.. it's a crime it doesn't accept as default since it just slots in and works !
Slapped in a dual slot GPU (my own is currently a triple slot ) and it looks like a Triple slot GPU would just fit in and not touch the PCI slot
View attachment RGTYC5J.jpg

Hi!
Sorry to resurrect an old thread..
Did the ATX motherboard secure to the case using the ITX mounts? Or did you have to mod the case?

Back
Top Bottom