*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Associate
Just bought a Connect to try out and see how I like it and Sonos in general before I decide what I'm music 'stuff ' I'm going to put in my kitchen and extension.
Have to say so far so good, and being able to control it direct from Spotify is nice.

Caporegime
So which music service works best with this now? I have been on the free one with amazon prime for a bit but it's terrible as you would expect when they want you to go premium. Jumping between apps was always a pain when adding songs is it only Spotify that you don't need to do this now?

Man of Honour
Link to this offer? Had it last year, but expired and could not find another, or get them to repeat it :(
They come up on hot uk deals now and then. The one I got was part of a Bose offer where you could redeem it not actually having bought a Bose product.

Soldato
With the recent price hikes, is Sonos still worth investing in?

I've owned a Playbar and Sub for almost a year now, and being an audio fanatic, I'd like to voice my views on the system.

Does anyone have any specific questions, such as latency, reliability etc? Of course I'll explain my setup so you can get a better understanding of potential wireless interference at mine, and judge for yourselves too.

I also use Bowers and Wilkins and other equipment regularly - namely the A7 and 600 S2 equipment.

Last edited:
Soldato
I stocked up just before the price rise and can't see myself getting any more in the near future. Current set-up is:
  • 1 Playbar
  • 1 Sub
  • 2 Play 5's
  • 4 Play 1's

Soldato
Does the sub really offer that much difference Brenn? I was messing around with my 2 Play 5s in my living room and adjusting the EQ on each. The bass on them is pretty mighty as it is!

Man of Honour
Ah I see. Yes that could make a difference.

Any Sonos Play 5 owners with the sub could comment on the above?
If you have the sub then the bass the Play 5's produce will be reduced which will give a better sound as volumes increase as the speaker doesn't have to work so hard.

Soldato
Had Sonos now since 2009. I think that is what is brilliant about it. It still works and supported to this day. We have 7 zones at moment, basically every one they sell.

next zone considering one for the garden with some outdoor speakers.

Caporegime
Wish they would hurry up and release a proper outdoor speaker.

Sonos are really slow to bring new products to market, there's clearly an opportunity for a portable speaker for outdoors or around the house, headphones would be pretty cool too.

I look at the Soundbase and it feels outdated before it's even hit the ground - still using the old Soundbar interface, no HDMI/DTS or HD audio support :(

Back
Top Bottom