I've gone Bavarian! 2015 428i Gran Coupé

Caporegime
4L with 2 big turbos

I’ve seen single figures but around 15-18mpg is the norm. :D

Interesting, my 13.6 Litre Diesel with one big turbo (probably still smaller than yours mine you!) is averaging around 11 mpg at mixed weight, anything from 20t lightly loaded upto 44t at full weight, although I have had it down to 0.8 mpg average once on a short trip in the Peak District at full weight… :D

I Can’t make my mind up if trucks are relatively remarkably efficient for what they are given the aerodynamics of a small building , engine size & weights or car engine design still has a long way to go by comparison….

Man of Honour
Hugely unstressed engine v using my engine to its limits will be key I suspect. I know when doing close to 200mph in my old R8 you felt you could see the fuel gauge move. At big speeds it drinks like a fish.

Caporegime
OP
Latest fill up gave me 33.66MPG so I am getting about 10% better economy from Super compared to E10. Car had an oil change at a local trusted indy, I purchased the oil separately (£34 from Opie for 5L Petronas Syntium) and this was done for £89.20 including the filters and disposal so around £125 compared to the £198 BMW wanted. Other than that nothing else has gone wrong.

Soldato
Latest fill up gave me 33.66MPG so I am getting about 10% better economy from Super compared to E10.
can't see a car park picture in any browser ...
what is the average speed you had for the 33mpg - your earlier post suggested ~ 200miles a week, which doesn't sound too stop start.

Caporegime
OP
can't see a car park picture in any browser ...
what is the average speed you had for the 33mpg - your earlier post suggested ~ 200miles a week, which doesn't sound too stop start.
It’s not really. I have a pretty straight run through to work, 40mph single carriageway and it’s only 3 miles or so If I go direct, 4 if I drop off my laddie at his work, a mile in the other direction. Then I have a 45 mile round trip twice a week on motorway and dual carriageway With a little bit of town driving in the middle. I’ve been tracking the mileage since 11/07/21 when it was on 30,917 miles. Last fill up was 02/05/22 on 37,398 miles so likely around 9k miles a year.

Caporegime
OP
Changed the air filter. Despite FBMWSH before I got it the filter may have been the original, manufacturer date was 02/2015. New one in, took 25 minutes, some trouble with the cover but all done now.

Caporegime
OP
How are you finding the car, now the honeymoon period is over? :)
Is still very enjoyable. Some good pace when needed and a nice snarl in Sport. Handling can be a bit fussy over some poor roads too but it has the M-Sport suspension so not surprising. I was considering a change a few months ago but now, I think, I will be keeping it as planned.

Back
Top Bottom