• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ivybridge a week earlier

Associate
If they are significantly more than Sandy equivalents then I might be picking up a second-hand Sandy rather than adopting an Ivy whilst supply is short and prices high.

Either way, I'm sat here with a lot of new hardware I cannot use without a 1155 chip of some description!

Permabanned
Can't see the point in Ivy upgrade if you already have Sandy. Price/Performance simply isn't gonna be worth it. i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz blazes through everything anyway.

Soldato
I suppose it's quite possible we will see a fair price hike, without AMD providing any real competition at this level. Intel know they don't have anything to touch them now ...when they released Sandybridge Bulldozer was expected and much hyped so no doubt Intel felt they shouldn't price too high, now I guess they feel they can.

Permabanned
Well I am using an I5 750, so I am actually considering Ivy Bridge ...I haven't made my mind up yet though.

Still makes no sense at all if your i5 750 has a decent overclock. You will not notice any difference gaming, but if benchmarking is your thing then why not.

Permabanned
Well i had my phenom for 5 months. But i got sick of AMD and their ****** bull****dozer i wanted to buy. So i did loads of overtimes over Easter and skipped trip to Poland so i could buy Ivy or SB. And Paycheck comes in this Friday so i would be happy to preorder Mobo+CPU over weekend :D with 10% discount two :D

Permabanned
Well i had my phenom for 5 months. But i got sick of AMD and their ****** bull****dozer i wanted to buy. So i did loads of overtimes over Easter and skipped trip to Poland so i could buy Ivy or SB. And Paycheck comes in this Friday so i would be happy to preorder Mobo+CPU over weekend :D with 10% discount two :D

LOL you sure you've got your priorities right? You skipped a travel opportunity so you could buy a new CPU.

I got 99 problems but my CPU ain't one.

Soldato
may get ivy, since I want something better than my current g620, as I want some quad core goodness :) either gonna get a 35xxK or just pick up a second hand sandy i5/i7 :)

oh, and I want a z77 motherboard too :)

Soldato
Still makes no sense at all if your i5 750 has a decent overclock. You will not notice any difference gaming, but if benchmarking is your thing then why not.

It's been ticking along at 3.6GHz since I bought it the week of release. I don't need the power and I know I wont notice any difference really. The only time I ever run benchmarks are when I have just bought something new. So you're absolutely right, I am just starting to feel like upgrading it, I'll likely buy something else more meaningful anyway which will keep me desire for shiny toys happy.

Back
Top Bottom