1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

James Bond films are 'sexist' and 'racist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tattooed, Jan 26, 2018.

1. antijoke

Caporegime

That film came out 10 years ago, I bet you if it came out summer this year there would be uproar.

2. Sliver

Capodecina

Amazes me how many people get triggered by free speech nowadays. It's pathetic. Personally I'm not offended by anything anyone says. Why would I? It's just a waste of energy. I simply ignore. However I do enjoy the cry babies on this forum whinging about it, very entertaining. :D

3. Efour

Caporegime

Read this post above then go to next thread. Save a lot of time.

No one's really bothered it won't even be news next week. If it's even news now?

4. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

Oh right, sure, whatever you say. There was “uproar” at the time, then everyone got on with their lives.

Once again, we are outraged by the prospect of outrage.

5. D.P.

Caporegime

It is news for the far-right whiners who get triggered by someone else's opinion.

6. sigma

Capodecina

This thread...lol

7. RDM

Capodecina

There do seem to be quite a few threads recently with people who want to advocate free speech when they want to say offensive stuff getting all upset when someone else uses free speech to say something they dont like.

8. Kronos

Catwalker

They might well be but nowadays all films seem to be cliche filled drivel.

9. Efour

Caporegime

I say take away free speech so I don't have to see crap from either side of the idiot scale.

Feed me production statistics and propaganda on the illustrious leader anyday.

10. Zethor

Mobster

The cognitive dissonance is strong in this one.

11. FoxEye

Capodecina

All PIV is rape, don't forget.

12. asim18

Capodecina

It's true though. Unless you can show me a clip where Mr Bond actually raped someone who doesn't want him inside. I'm here for the truth too y'know.

If you managed to heroically save the world you would also have huge amounts of female sexual attention (from real women, not brainwashed women who have been fed so much propaganda that they think all sex is some sort of evil and painful rape attempt with life long consequences.

Why do you think there's a woman in James's bed at the end of every single Bond film? Is it because he's a rapist who has spent the film stalking a victim or is it because he spent the film saving the world?

It's all fake news propaganda. Today they're using fictional Mr Bond, tomorrow they'll use someone else.

Resist the propaganda.

13. robgmun

Capodecina

Most of the time it's because what the other wants to do it curtail the free speech of others, that's when i feel i have to step in. And it's extraordinary how often the they want to force people to use language they don't want to use

See bill c-16 in Canada

BTW, Jordan Peterson is a freaking legend!

14. Nasher

Capodecina

So I guess they are going to ruin Bond movies next...

These "everything is sexist/racist" people are starting to annoy. It's about time we ignored them.

15. D.P.

Caporegime

Most rational level headed people do, just the far right that hey triggered every 15 minutes

16. antijoke

Caporegime

People wouldn’t get on with it now though, people wouldn’t stop until the film was cancelled/RDJ stripped of his fortune and the director sent to hell.

17. Tunney

Capodecina

Stolen from someone smarter than me:

18. robfosters

Caporegime

Every other thread in GD these days is about things being racist or sexist and then 10 pages of the same old arguments being recycled. Am I the only one who is beginning to find it extremely monotonous?

19. antijoke

Caporegime

Amazing.

The articles are probably written by millenials too.

20. billysielu

Capodecina

They aren't comparable. Free speech folk defend your right to say whatever, even if they disagree. The other side try to prevent you from saying stuff in the first place.

I think most people agree with you. The problem is - if people make false accusations and aren't challenged then they win by default. So the media would have you believe all white men are a problem, if you are a white man you can't be expected to bend over and let it happen.