James Bond films are 'sexist' and 'racist

Soldato
They aren't comparable. Free speech folk defend your right to say whatever, even if they disagree. The other side try to prevent you from saying stuff in the first place.

I think most people agree with you. The problem is - if people make false accusations and aren't challenged then they win by default. So the media would have you believe all white men are a problem, if you are a white man you can't be expected to bend over and let it happen.

Seems that many do expect us to just bend over and let it happen though.

Nope.

Soldato
The Darts has just banned the girls who walk the lads to the Oche.

Well done **********, willing models get to go on the dole and your precious backside gets to think you've "won," another one.

Caporegime
Most rational level headed people do, just the far right that hey triggered every 15 minutes
I sincerely doubt any of the frequent posters on this forum are actually "far-right". It's a label used with abandon to attempt to discredit anyone with any degree of resistance to our (fast becoming) ultra-PC world.

Caporegime
The Darts has just banned the girls who walk the lads to the Oche.

Well done **********, willing models get to go on the dole and your precious backside gets to think you've "won," another one.
Hmm, not sure about that one. Darts players and fans aren't the type to give two flying ****s what new-age feminists think.

So all I can see here is the PDC choosing of their own free will not to have walk-on girls.

I can't condemn that any more than I could condemn the girls themselves for exercising their free will to take the job.

In some cases it's a bit tacky - I'm thinking of examples like the Asian girls at tech conventions. Not only is it cringe-inducing but it paints tech enthusiasts as being a bit creepy (since all tech conventions seem to have them).

P.S. I'm sure I'm not alone in finding those Asian girls at tech conventions extremely cringe worthy... also when OcUK drags some poor bird in to stand next to a pile of GPUs... it's kind of insulting to men, if nothing else...

Caporegime
I sincerely doubt any of the frequent posters on this forum are actually "far-right". It's a label used with abandon to attempt to discredit anyone with any degree of resistance to our (fast becoming) ultra-PC world.
Much like the term snow flake which is used to moan about anyone even more liberal than Genghis Khan, yes?

Caporegime
I think the world was a better place when the female actors played characters called Pussy Galore and Ms. Goodhead

And forcing them to kiss you/holding them down and blackmail was good seduction technique.

As already mentioned they were a product of their time. A fair few are pretty sexist and racist, but they need to be taken in context.

Caporegime
Every other thread in GD these days is about things being racist or sexist and then 10 pages of the same old arguments being recycled. Am I the only one who is beginning to find it extremely monotonous?

Definitely not the only one, it’s boring as sin but people keep on posting it. I guess they have to reinforce their beliefs somehow.

Back
Top Bottom