Jamestown

Permabanned
Anybody checked this out yet?

Me and the lady friend saw it advertised yesterday and she immediately whacked it on.

The story of a small group of women sold to the men of the newly founded Jamestown colony in America and there struggles to become more then just property (for the most part).

Watched all 3 episodes back to back and quite enjoyed it. Relatively interesting premise put together quite well. Started to feel a little too 'BBC One conveyor belt drama' after the third episode though... think it needs to be careful not to fall into that overly melodramatic trap that most serialised period dramas often fall into of zero threat, repetitive themes. I mean, it's a period in history ripe with source material to choose from.

Still, I'd recommend it :)

Soldato
It's ok currently I can't say it's fully hooked me as it seems to play on typical cliches to push the story forward and some of the 'twists and plot' seems to be way too easy to work out.

Man of Honour
My wife saw it advertised on TV, and having been to Jamestown VA., she wanted to see how it was portrayed on the show.
It is exactly how the reconstructed original settlement looked to us, when we drove down to there from Richmond VA.
I'd have gone as far as to say that it may have been shot there as it looks so authentic, but on googling it, I find that it was filmed in Hungary.

Back
Top Bottom