January Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings

Don
It's getting to that time of year when the January transfer window rumours start to pick up so I thought I'd start this.

And some Liverpool snippets to kick us off; Rodgers told the press midweek that he has money to spend in January and hopes to sign 2 or 3 attacking players in the January window. There's a fair bit of talk linking us with Huntelaar and Walcott but (particularly in the case of Huntelaar) I'm not sure how much that is the press putting 2 & 2 together. I can't see us being prepared to pay much of a fee for Huntelaar given his age and the fact he'll be free in 6 months, nor can I see us offering Walcott more money than Arsenal or the chance to play through the middle either.

As well as the possibility of a few incoming players, it'll be no surprise if the club (try to) ship out the likes of Enrique, Downing and Cole.

Anyway let the arguing and off topic discussions commence :)

Caporegime
Cole was apparently embarrassed midweek, not by his performance but by Rodgers having the nerve to sub him at half-time, and both Lille and Taramasalata are being touted as likely destinations.

Edit: Going to leave that Firefox spell check change in for the lols.

Soldato
Walcot and Sturridge are not what liverpool need. Don't think thier ego's will do our young team any good. Plus they aren't excactly goal machines. I would be happy with rummored drogba season loan. We need goals plenty of them.

Soldato
moutinho and willian would be nice

talk of one of vert's ex team mates from ajax joining us but i can't remember his name

Soldato
I'm pretty happy with the squad at the moment. We are doing ok in the league and Europe despite a catalogue of injuries at the back. There has been some mooted talk of Ryan Shawcross coming back to Utd but a fully fit Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Vidic, Rio and Johnny Evans all fighting for 2 places in 5, I see little space for a player who would want to command a lot of play time in a rotating squad.

Nani seem's to be the one most talked about leaving with potential suitors, Juve & Zenit St Petersburg.

Wouldn't mind seeing Macheda get an 18 month loan somewhere with Ashley Young doing the driving as well

Don
OP
Walcot and Sturridge are not what liverpool need. Don't think thier ego's will do our young team any good. Plus they aren't excactly goal machines. I would be happy with rummored drogba season loan. We need goals plenty of them.

We play a 4-3-3, Suarez is playing the central role of the front 3, playing incredibly well and scoring more than his fair share of goals. Why change that by signing a centre forward that will expect to start regularly (and his pay packet will justify that)? Drogba or similar isn't the answer or at least shouldn't be a priority*.

We obviously need cover for Suarez but the priority should be goal scoring wide players. I agree with you on Sturridge's attitude (not so much Walcott) but in terms of style and effectiveness, he and Walcott are exactly what we need.

*Unless we can afford to go out and sign a world class striker, in which case fair enough. We can't/won't though.

Soldato
Well saints are in for every cb in the country. The general line is Michael Dawson will the main target but I am not sold on the wages from there.

Apparently we will try for Matt Phillips again after Blackpools chairman just said no last summer.

Hopefully we spend EVERYTHING getting a LB in though, I want Martin Olsson but I have no idea who we are in for there.

Fun game is who gets Toby Alderweireld as the Metro announced 15 of the 20 prem clubs wanted him...

Don
Sorry but i just don't see effectiveness in walcot. Maybe its were he plays at arsenal but i just don't see it.

Depends on his price. If you could utilise his best attribute affectively (pace) he'd be a good signing.

He gets a lot of unfair **** a lot of the time, I'm sure if he played week in week out in a position he preferred he'd be good.

Don
OP
Sorry but i just don't see effectiveness in walcot. Maybe its were he plays at arsenal but i just don't see it.

According to wiki:

13 goals and 9 assists two seasons ago, 11 goals and 10 assists last season and already 7 goals and 4 assists this season.

That's all done predominantly playing from out wide. Compare that to any wide player we've had in the past few seasons; I don't think we've had any wide player get into double figures since Kuyt & Benayoun in 08/09.

Soldato
According to wiki:

13 goals and 9 assists two seasons ago, 11 goals and 10 assists last season and already 7 goals and 4 assists this season.

That's all done predominantly playing from out wide. Compare that to any wide player we've had in the past few seasons; I don't think we've had any wide player get into double figures since Kuyt & Benayoun in 08/09.

I need DM:p I just have very little faith in our transfer dealings.:(

Don
OP
I'm not a huge Walcott fan but for all the **** he gets, he chips in with his fair share of goals and if he were willing to join, he could prove a bargain given his contract situation.

Caporegime
Neymar to City??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...o-Mancini-Get-Brazilian-superstar-Neymar.html

Make that what you will, i know its the Daily mail but i was under the impression that Barca had all but sewn up his signature for him to join Barca soon.

As for Arsenal??...a decent left back would be a start as we cannot rely on Gibbs seeing as he gets injured more than playing for us.

Walcott wants £80k a week which is far too much for someone who isnt consistent enough...think we have offered him £75k instead. Not all that bothered if he goes although i would like to see Wenger play him in his natural position for a change and see how well he does.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Neymar to City??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...o-Mancini-Get-Brazilian-superstar-Neymar.html

Make that what you will, i know its the Daily mail but i was under the impression that Barca had all but sewn up his signature for him to join Barca soon.

As for Arsenal??...a decent left back would be a start as we cannot rely on Gibbs seeing as he gets injured more than playing for us.

Walcott wants £80k a week which is far too much for someone who isnt consistent enough...think we have offered him £75k instead. Not all that bothered if he goes although i would like to see Wenger play him in his natural position for a change and see how well he does.

I call ********.

I was listening to the 'big wheel' a while back talking about Neymar and he was explaining that he hadn't heard or seen anything to suggest a 'pre contract' thing with either Barcelona or Real. He went on to say that he doesn't think Neymar would move to England because he's not enjoyed playing there nor would he 'suit' England.

I think it would be strange for him to sign for Real or Barcelona, as he's very much used to being the top dog and he would find himself second fiddle to the Ronaldo show or to Messi.

No doubt Manchester City or Chelsea would try and tempt him with astronomical wages though, of which he would demmand.

Caporegime
According to wiki:

I need DM:p I just have very little faith in our transfer dealings.:(

Hehe stats are one thing, ability is another. He may "play on the wing" however, the vast vast majority of his goals come when he's played in behind. He can stand on the wing for 89 minutes, do nothing, offer literally nothing to the team, he'll kill every attack by deciding its too much work to attack the left back because he'll probably get hurt and turn around and pass backwards. Then when you get that one pass in behind he MIGHT score, he might not.

Look at this weekend, he came on with almost a full half to play, what did he did, nothing, one bad shot nothing on the wing at all, didn't help defensively didn't help drag us up the pitch, he was entirely absent. This is a guy who may be called a winger, may start on the wing, but 99% of what little work he does will come inside the box, behind the defence and won't be very good. He's absolute crap on the wing, he might be an ok tap in artist, but considering how scared he is of fighting for the ball, I'd honestly never play him in anything but a 4-4-2, let someone else fight with the CB's and hope Walcott gets onto some headers that go beyond the defenders. There is almost no one in the league who can't do what he can do, why buy someone so incredibly limited, when you can buy someone actually good?

Hernandez isn't great(though he's improved a bit this year with the odd decent cross/pass), and he outscored Walcott quite easily, Welbeck scored around what Walcott did, and he's crap. Fact is, a half awake player looking for tap ins at a top half club will get 5-10 goals. If Liverpool want quality, its not Walcott, if they want and average(at best), over waged, lazy kids book writer, Walcott is the perfect answer.

Considering their lack of cash, Walcott would seem to want too much cash and cost too much and could be massively better spent.

Think of the fact that Ba would cost what Walcott would, and half the wages(would have before his clause was up), is Walcott worth 100k a week? Even Wenger, his biggest fan who can't see his lack of ability doesn't think so.

If you want a quality, cheap, low wage right winger who can get the ball, defend, fight, epic delivery and will get some decent goals... Larsson, most under rated winger in the league, at a truly crap team that financially has been ****ing money away for years, certainly worth a small offer.

I'd kill to sell Walcott and bring Larsson in, against Utd, Larsson would have come on, helped defensively, been able to get the ball up the pitch, deliver the ball and help give the defence a rest. Walcott was utterly incapable of that, he's always been incapable of that.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Would like to see Arsenal sell Walcott to Liverpool and use the money to help fund a move for Llorente with Chamakh in part exchange.

Next up a holding midfielder with Denilson going the other way in part exchange.

Back
Top Bottom