January Transfer Window 2017/18

Don
In what's not a surprise, leizpeg saying no keita this month,
I blame you Mark. You're like the Pigeon of transfers - whenever you mention a deal on here it never happens and whenever you doubt a deal it does. Please pour cold water on the Messi and Suarez to Liverpool links.

Man of Honour
OP
Yes it was Hazard I believe. I'm all for it, use the financial power to get the best players we can, it's not really easy in the current market with a lot of wealthy top clubs.

On the topic of Sanchez, I'm surprised Real Madrid haven't come in for him, especially given their current predicament.

Caporegime
It would be a surprise if Arsenal did let him join Utd, even if they are willing to pay them £10m more than City. City are out of sight both this season and realistically for the foreseeable future too. While it's still only an outside chance, Utd are catchable for Arsenal both in the short term and in future seasons - lose your best player and strengthen a side you want to compete with for the sake of £10m seems a little short-sighted.

The same surprise when Van Persie joined us and basically won us the league?

Don
The same surprise when Van Persie joined us and basically won us the league?
Well Sanchez isn't going to win you the league but yes, only this time it's worse. The decision for Arsenal last time was fairly equal - neither Utd nor City were a million miles away from them so neither outcome was any worse than the other and ultimately it was the player that decided. This time it's surely less of a blow to lose him to City than it would be Utd. Sanchez isn't likely to make a noticeable difference to City, certainly not in terms of how the league pans out but he could at Utd. If Sanchez goes to Utd and has a great end to the season, Utd finish a comfortable 2nd and have a decent run in the CL and Arsenal end up a distant 6th then the transfer isn't going to reflect well on Arsenal or Wenger and will be used as another stick to beat them with.

Man of Honour
OP
Wenger has confirmed Sanchez's future will be decided in the next 48 hours (post match). The press in general think Man Utd is the most likely destination at the moment, but nothing is confirmed.

Caporegime
I just wish the whole Sanchez crapfest would be put to bed.

Bloody annoying to have it carry on for so long, the sooner he is gone the better. As much as we would miss him, he doesn’t want to be at Arsenal. No thanks to Wenger of course.

Read earlier today we are in for Aubamayang or however his name is spelt. If I was him I’d give Arsenal a huge wide berth at the moment. We are an embarrassingly pathetic team at the moment.

Man of Honour
OP
Tbf he won’t win many at Utd either :p. Especially with Mourinho’s penchant to play park the bus football:p

Didn't do too badly last season!

As an aside, this time last season everyone thought City were pretty poor and disappointing, and they turned it around since then. There's no reason we can't do the same (or other clubs who are prepared to spend big on the right players).

Caporegime
Didn't do too badly last season!

As an aside, this time last season everyone thought City were pretty poor and disappointing, and they turned it around since then. There's no reason we can't do the same (or other clubs who are prepared to spend big on the right players).
Lol I know, I wasn’t being entirely serious with my post lol.

Man of Honour
Haha Malcom and Aubameyang? I'll believe it when I see it.

As for Lacazette, I think he joined at the wrong time and it's ****** his confidence. Fully expect him to come good after our annual winter break.

Back
Top Bottom