1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January Transfer Window 2017/18

Discussion in 'The Football Stadium' started by Robbo, Nov 7, 2017.

1. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

But ability wise Sanchez is a lot better. Asking for 50m is justified

2. alex h

Wise Guy

Asking and getting is to different things so you get nothing for him and you don't get top 4 it makes it even less sense to keep him if you get top 4 then not as bad but it's a big gamble

3. MissChief

Capodecina

I think Arsenal's demands are fair tbh. They' r keep him than strengthen a team that they, some how, consider a rival.

4. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

20m is more or less nothing. Barely gets you a 16 year old for that price so yea 20m and 0 is not a huge difference especially how arsenal ain't strapped for cash

5. alex h

Wise Guy

I realize that but arsenal are at risk of loseing ozil for nothing that 2 of there best players so that's going to take quite a bit of money to replace them 2 with the same quality and that isn't going to improve arsenal its going to keep them at same level when other teams your fighting against are going to improve ie liverpool united city and chelsea so to keep up and trying to get top 4 next season is going to cost a fortune which wenger doesnt like spending which is a shame as they used to play some really good football

6. Shamikebab

Caporegime

Please, please investigate punctuation.

7. alex h

Wise Guy

I'm really sorry didn't mean to offend you .:rolleyes:

8. ARION

Gangster

Lol!

9. planty

Wise Guy

You won't, with or without sanchez. Getting some money back now makes sense.

10. Mark1989

Capodecina

Rumours flying about that keita deal been reached, he will play Saturday and will be his last apparently then join us, started due to him registering his company over here. We have also upped the offer to eclipse dijk deal. Huge pinch of salt needed mind

11. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

we have a better chance of getting top 4 with sanchez then without

12. Andybtsn

Man of Honour

Stop reading the sportbible :p

13. omnomnom

Mobster

Is he? Completely different positions for a start, Coutinho is also 5 years younger and has 4 1/2 years on his deal. Sanchez can sign a pre contract with a number of clubs right now...

14. TallPaul1878

Wise Guy

Theo Walcott will be the new Nicky Barmby.

He will come to Everton and resurrect his career, score a glut of goals and put himself back in contention for the World Cup.

Then he will push for a transfer to Liverpool.

It's nailed on. You heard it here first. :D:D:D

15. Robbo

Don

Duncan Castles has written an article saying Man Utd are increasingly confident about getting Sanchez. Last night further comments from Mourinho's press conference were published, saying things like:

There's certainly something in this, whether it will transpire or not is another matter...

Sanchez hasn't travelled to Bournemouth today, and he is fit.

16. BaZ87

Don

All the rags are linking the fact that Sanchez hasn't travelled with a move to Utd being imminent. £400k per week, £30m to Arsenal + heft signing on and agent fee for a player that's spent 18 months stood with his hands on his hips.

17. Robbo

Don

I'm still not sure at the moment, I think he prefers City but if they are flat out refusing to pay as much as us, we have a chance. I'm not worried about his potential commitment, his age means he'd have to give his all.

He can't be that bothered about club trophies anyway or he wouldn't have joined Arsenal in the first place :p

18. BaZ87

Don

John Cross, although a giant **** is close to Arsenal, tweeted the other day that it was all about money for Sanchez. He is generally wrong though so I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

If the reports are true and Utd are offering him £100-150k per week more than City and willing to pay him & his agent big signing on fees, I'm sure he wouldn't be the only player to have his head turned. The wage difference alone could be worth over £20m more over a 3 year contract.

19. Robbo

Don

Wenger speaking on Sky now, said a resolution is 'imminent'. Sounds like he's pretty much gone.

20. BaZ87

Don

It would be a surprise if Arsenal did let him join Utd, even if they are willing to pay them £10m more than City. City are out of sight both this season and realistically for the foreseeable future too. While it's still only an outside chance, Utd are catchable for Arsenal both in the short term and in future seasons - lose your best player and strengthen a side you want to compete with for the sake of £10m seems a little short-sighted.