January Transfer Window 2017/18

Soldato
His positioning is gash. I think Mourinho should just play him in a 2 come win, draw or lose in the league until the end of the season, learn the hard way. Would the fans accept maybe coming 3rd or 4th though? doubt it.
Personally think that's too big a risk now that the 2nd to 5th positions are so close and with the WC I dotn think any of Liverpool /Chelsea /Utd / Spurs will actually relish the CL quails due to the timing of them

Pogba has contributed to 12+ goals this season with what 2 months out, with a more defensive player along side Matic - who hasn't been brilliant himself in the last 2 or 3 months - Pogba can easily be a significant input to 20+ goals a season, and with a stronger defence and midfield behind him, that should in theory only grow.

Caporegime
Doubt that to be true at all. Umtiti wants a new contract, that's why all the rumours have started. Alex Sandro maybe though, seems rumours that he'll leave Juve have been going on for some time now

Don
Would be some lie if it's not true. I doubt Raiola is too upset about this coming out though - one of the possible reasons why he may have offered Pogba to City would have been to get Pogba a pay rise.

Soldato
Two points:

1. Pogba left in a 4-2-3-1? Not sure about that. Martial on the right isn't great either.
2. The Spurs model/2 holding midfielders. Without taking the ****, do you really want to follow a model that's won Spurs nothing and has them below you in the League? 4-2-3-1 with 2 out and out defensive midfielders has so many limitations and can only get you so far imo. For Spurs it's fine - they don't have the budget to buy the very best attacking players, making it very difficult to blitz the League like City are doing. Spurs set-up is to be solid at the back and rely on 2-3 players to win them the game -
Yet Spurs have finished above City for the last 2 seasons and collected more points than any other team in the Prem in 2018 (30 inc todays result - City 2nd with 25)

it's a percentage play but you'll never reach the levels of the City's of this world playing like that.
that's only half a season out of the last 3 City have outperformed Spurs in the Prem? Doesn't seem such a bad system? :)

Don
Yet Spurs have finished above City for the last 2 seasons and collected more points than any other team in the Prem in 2018 (30 inc todays reasult - City 2nd with 25)

that's only half a season out of the last 3 City have outperformed Spurs in the Prem? Doesn't seem such a bad system? :)
First of all I didn't say it was a bad system. It is a system that is limited though and imo cannot take you to the level of the very best sides, the City side which are 17 points ahead of a very good Spurs with a game in hand, the best Barca, Real or Bayern sides.

If you read the posts prior to mine the discussion was how Utd could compete with City of today, not the City of previous seasons.

edit: As I said, it's a percentage play type of system - it's safer and won't see the huge swings in performance which would explain why when City weren't quite at it Spurs could do better than them but when City did click this season they've gone to a level that Spurs never have or could playing the way they play.

Back
Top Bottom