January Transfer Window 21/22

Soldato
doesn't Brunley also lose Cornet to the AFCON ?

Wouldn't like to be the person that tells Dyche.

Anyhows it takes pressure off other negotiations.
I believe we are after two Strikers.

Soldato
Had a little thought about Wood and Newcastle etc. I dont think theres a single poster here who hasnt at some point mentioned players coming for money...I dont think Wood could be accused of that and you'll at least know the effort would be there every week. Sprinkle that with some quality and it might work out.

Plus if Newcastle stay up Gayle isnt the back up...which is only a good thing.

I'm still gobsmacked no one has come in for Nat Phillips.

Man of Honour
OP
Wood has scored about 1 in 3 for Burnley, not that bad. I don't think it's a bad signing. Newcastle need reinforcements as well as quality, no reason they can't try and get both...

Soldato
Had a little thought about Wood and Newcastle etc. I dont think theres a single poster here who hasnt at some point mentioned players coming for money...I dont think Wood could be accused of that and you'll at least know the effort would be there every week. Sprinkle that with some quality and it might work out.

Plus if Newcastle stay up Gayle isnt the back up...which is only a good thing.

I'm still gobsmacked no one has come in for Nat Phillips.

Echo the thoughts about Philips, he performed somwell.laat season, has done the business when he's been in this season. Young and now experienced also. Dunno what his value would be though.

Soldato
Echo the thoughts about Philips, he performed somwell.laat season, has done the business when he's been in this season. Young and now experienced also. Dunno what his value would be though.
He signed a new contract in the summer so Liverpool don’t need to let him go cheap he has proven himself decent enough so they are unlikely to let him go for the sort of money most will be offering. Ian surprised Newcastle haven’t gone for him though, assuming he is willing to go there he would be and upgrade on what they have and hardly earth shatteringly expensive for the richest club on the planet.

Soldato

Nat Phillips is 24 so not THAT young. If you want a no nonsense defender who does the basics right then he can do a job for anyone really. I find it bizarre he isnt linked with a number of clubs tbh.

He signed a new contract in the summer so Liverpool don’t need to let him go cheap he has proven himself decent enough so they are unlikely to let him go for the sort of money most will be offering. Ian surprised Newcastle haven’t gone for him though, assuming he is willing to go there he would be and upgrade on what they have and hardly earth shatteringly expensive for the richest club on the planet.

We reportedly want 15 million. We saw a fridge go for 70+ mil not that long ago...i dont think Liverpool are unrealistic in wanting what is relatively a small fee.

Soldato
Nat Phillips is 24 so not THAT young. If you want a no nonsense defender who does the basics right then he can do a job for anyone really. I find it bizarre he isnt linked with a number of clubs tbh.

Not that young but young in terms of the other signings they have made , and in relation to what they have spent on wood/trippier I think he'd be a bargain, better than what they have.

We reportedly want 15 million. We saw a fridge go for 70+ mil not that long ago...i dont think Liverpool are unrealistic in wanting what is relatively a small fee.

Bargain at 15 million.

Soldato
Double figure PL striker.

We currently have no Strikers fit and our best when fit can't last 2 months.

No one is selling in January

It's not an exciting transfer but it's a pretty decent option to have. Heck he's walks straight into our starting 11.
I’m not saying we don’t need a striker and yes he probably fits the bill, but £20-25m is outrageous money for him

Soldato
I’m not saying we don’t need a striker and yes he probably fits the bill, but £20-25m is outrageous money for him
Needs must. You can say that for every player that we tried to buy this window and been turned down. 30 to 40mill bids getting turned down left right and center.

He has a similar record to Wilson.

He's a handful with good feet. We have the players than can supply him.

Transfer window still opened.

If he keeps us up. That fee is moot.

Back
Top Bottom