January Transfer Window Thread - rumours and signings here

Soldato
It does baffle me why Pavlyuchenko plays over Bent as Bent does seem to do rather well when he starts and gets absolutely no praise for doing so.

Put the ball at Bent's feet, facing goal and he'll knock the ball in the back of the net.

The problem is that whilst he's a good finisher, he's not a good footballer. Aerial ability? No. Passing? No. Heading? No. Crossing? No. Good movement? No. Long range shooting? No. He doesn't do enough for the team to justify his place. Nor does he have the ability to change a game on his own. There's too many games where he's completely anonymous. He's too easy to defend against (unless you're Bolton).

Pav has had a slow start but every time I see him, I like him more. He's got a good all-round game and his link-up play with Defoe was incredibly good. I can see him partnering Keane very well too.

Apologies if the following has already been posted in this thread... :D

rk_190538.gif

Associate
Pavvy has 12 in 26 appearances and Bent has 14 in 30 appearances this season.

Now Pavvy has settled he is getting better and his alround play is better. He tracks back and defends, Bent doesnt. Thats why Harry prefers Pavvy, as at the moment he needs people who will do more than just score.

Soldato
Darren Bent despite having a good scoring record, never ever ever looks like scoring in a match, its the sitters that he misses that damage his chances, he just cannot hit an open goal.

Caporegime
Bent reminds me a lot of Forlan.
Aside from the short hair. And being black. And playing for a different club. And being from a different country.

But other than that they could be exactly the same! :o

Caporegime
Bent's got 14 goals in total so far this season... despite missing a large chunk of games with niggly injuries. You have to wonder what more they want from him. Out of 26 Premier League goals Tottenham have scored in total this season, Bent has scored 9 of them.
dunno.gif

Stats this season
Total (Club) 30 (11) 14
League 22 (9) 9

That's 19 starts in total, 14 goals (11 substitute appearances)
13 league starts, 9 goals. (9 substitute appearances)

Tottenham need to keep clean sheets and stiffen up their defence and midfield tbh...

Keane was blasted for missing sitters.

Bent misses 3 times as many and is not as useful as Pavlyuchenko.

Pav is also starting to find form and Defoe was scoring reguarly too before being crocked.

Soldato
Not really worthy of a seperate thread - but it seems like Utd may finally be ready to pay £25m for Tevez - only whispers so far (Mirror and Blackpool Gazette)

Caporegime
Lol, I was thinking the same when I read Blackpool Gazette. Really hope we do sign Tevez though, he's worked none stop for us for 18 months and IMO he deserves it. He's been brilliant since Rooney's been out too.

Just before. The picture came back before the cross came in. At least it did here.

Soldato
to be fair thats why I wrote "whispers" in the original post - as even the mirror isnt exactly the height of journolism (let alone the Gazette) :D

Soldato
They won't. Stoke signed some after the deadline too. Benjani signed a week later last year.

It's the Press making someyhing out of nothing. The FA etc, confirmed everything was in order, they won't change their minds.

No whether the window stays in place is another matter.

Associate
I was watching the match on ITV.com (STV refuse to pay for FA Cup coverage)

Don't know what region they show online but it cut back to the match during the replay.

Back
Top Bottom